Author Topic: GSX not recognizing Open Fwd and Aft Cargo Doors PMDG 737-800NGX  (Read 2353 times)

mjfoss17

I have a similar issue using this aircraft but the issue is with the FWD and AFT Cargo doors.. I receive the notification from GSX to open the doors. I usually already have them opened while I'm performing my FMC setup so they are already open when the baggage loaders arrive. I receive the message to open them after passengers have finished boarding. I close the doors then reopen them. They are working but GSX isn't recognizing that I have opened them. I've gone into the Aircraft Settings in the Add-On Menu for GSX and the two R Cargo Fwd and Aft doors are set to #3 and #4 (Doors open/close with). I read the post regarding the L Fwd Entry Door posted a while back. Do I need to perform something similar in the XML file? Anyone else having this issue and/or know what the best way is to fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not recognizing Open Fwd and Aft Cargo Doors PMDG 737-800NGX
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:53:21 am »
I read the post regarding the L Fwd Entry Door posted a while back. Do I need to perform something similar in the XML file? Anyone else having this issue and/or know what the best way is to fix it?

Nobody ever reported this issue. The only reports were only about the L1 door, since apparently PMDG changed the configuration at some time, from using the standard Door1 variable, to a custom XML variable. But Cargo doors were always been custom XML variables, so the configuration that comes in GSX should work.

Of course, this assumes you are using the configuration that comes with GSX because, if you customized something you might have introduced the problem so, first be sure you are using the default configuration that comes with GSX, by pressing the "Reset" button in the airplane configuration page, and check if the cargo doors now are working.

Once you are sure they do, eventually apply the L1 fix discussed in the forum, and nothing else.