Author Topic: Problems with GSXv2 after disabling and re-enabling Sceneries.  (Read 1743 times)

whiggy

Hello people!
Normally, I have only the airport sceneries enabled, in which I want to flying (for better performance).

In the past, this was never a problem with GSX. But since few month, I have a problem after re-enabling sceneries.
The problem ist, GSX is not able to read the correct afcad. Only run Live-Update after scenery enable will solve the problem.
I tried also "rebuild airport cache" but with no effect.

In the pictures below, you see what I mean:

I enabled EKCH airport, started P3Dv4 and you see, the default afcad will be read out:

To get the correct afcad of the flytampa scenery again, I have to run GSX Live-Update. Then it's ok:

Is there any other solution instead always running live-update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with GSXv2 after disabling and re-enabling Sceneries.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:20:06 am »
Only run Live-Update after scenery enable will solve the problem.

That's because the Live Update would clear the whole %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl folder, which is the place where the airport cache is stored. The restart and rebuild option doesn't clear it entirely, since it cannot remove that folder while the sim is running.

We should have this improved in the next update, because we'll add the ability to switch on/off sceneries while running, but in the mean time, until the update is released, remove that folder manually, so you won't have to run the Live Update each time.

whiggy

Re: Problems with GSXv2 after disabling and re-enabling Sceneries.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:14:34 pm »
Thank you!