Author Topic: Reversing Excludes  (Read 1991 times)

Hipshot

Reversing Excludes
« on: March 21, 2019, 03:31:53 am »
Hi,

Is there a way of reversing jetway excludes and placing SODE jetways in airports without starting P3D?
At FSDT  KORD Terminal C, I successfully excluded the bgl jetways and replaced them with SODE jetways but then I closed P3D and I've never been able to start it since. As the jetways replacement was the last thing I did I'd just like to try to reverse that to see if it solves the problem. This has never happened at any other airport but I'd just like to try it. I couldn't find an answer to this in the manual.

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reversing Excludes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:38:49 am »
It's unlikely just an exclude file could prevent the sim from starting but, you can remove it very easily, by opening the GSX Control Panel, select the Exclude, and press the DEL key on the keyboard.

Hipshot

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 11:05:54 am »
Thanks very much for your help. That was really easy.

It also fixed the problem and P3D now works again.

I'll try the same exclude some time and see if it causes the same failure.

Richard

Hipshot

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 01:39:13 pm »
Yep, just repeated the exclude at Terminal C FSDT KORD and with the same result. P3D splash screen appears then disappears before scenario page opens. Again, deleted that exclude and then P3D opened as normal.

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 04:08:09 pm »
Which range you chose for the jetway exclusion ? The default of 1 meter should work in most cases.

Hipshot

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 02:02:23 am »
Yeah I did use 1.00m but now I have further info. In the great traditions of FSX and P3D everything I just experienced was a coincidence. I've since had more start failures without having done any more exclusions. I just uninstalled Ultimate Traffic Live and then P3D started. Will this be just another coincidence? We'll see what goes wrong next.

Thanks,

Richard