Author Topic: Baggage handling complete Sound  (Read 3599 times)

Rustydog

Baggage handling complete Sound
« on: March 14, 2019, 10:06:28 pm »
Hi Umberto,
When I call for deboarding the conveyors arrive and then the baggage carts.
As soon as the first bags are on the conveyor from the aircraft the ground crew call 'Baggage handling complete' etc.
This is then repeated when the baggage handling is really complete and the conveyors have returned to their park position as it should.
Is it just my system that gets the call too early? ( I do use FsCaptain in sequence with GSX 2).
Kindest regards
Steve
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

Driver170

Re: Baggage handling complete Sound
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:11:15 am »
Yeh i get this too also

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:08:24 pm »
As soon as the first bags are on the conveyor from the aircraft the ground crew call 'Baggage handling complete' etc. This is then repeated when the baggage handling is really complete and the conveyors have returned to their park position as it should. Is it just my system that gets the call too early? ( I do use FsCaptain in sequence with GSX 2).

If you really saw this precise, exact, text message "Baggage handling complete", is not coming from GSX, maybe it's coming from FS Captain ?

Driver170

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 05:51:54 pm »
I’m using a custom sound package maybe that?

Rustydog

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »
As soon as the first bags are on the conveyor from the aircraft the ground crew call 'Baggage handling complete' etc. This is then repeated when the baggage handling is really complete and the conveyors have returned to their park position as it should. Is it just my system that gets the call too early? ( I do use FsCaptain in sequence with GSX 2).

If you really saw this precise, exact, text message "Baggage handling complete", is not coming from GSX, maybe it's coming from FS Captain ?

Not a text message, a sound file. Sounds like the same voice that calls the pushback info like locking gear , disconnecting etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 11:31:55 am »
Not a text message, a sound file. Sounds like the same voice that calls the pushback info like locking gear , disconnecting etc.

There's no voice in GSX that says anything like "Baggage handling complete" so, it's not possible it would be the same voice of the Pushback unless:

- It's not really saying ""Baggage handling complete", but something else. Please be precise in your report.

OR

- It's not the same voice, and it's not coming from GSX, since the only other voice in GSX (other than the Pushback), is the De-icer voice.

Driver170

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 12:12:08 pm »
Infact it does say that. I have this also but i’m using custom GSX sound package

Rustydog

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 01:40:42 pm »
Likewise I am using the English accented voices. But to be fair I have searched everywhere for the sound file and I'm blessed if I can find it
Not just GSX but my whole computer and zilch.
Totally baffled. Even spoken with other developers and they have not heard of it either.
Mystery

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 01:47:09 pm »
Infact it does say that. I have this also but i’m using custom GSX sound package

Even if you use a custom GSX sound package, they are supposed to replace either a voice message from the Pushback or from the Deicer, because those are the only times GSX tries to "say" something. So, even if a custom sound set might not exactly match what GSX is writing on screen, it would still appear together with some screen message. In this case, which is the screen message you see ?

Rustydog

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 07:02:19 pm »
Ah Ha! Found it.
It is a GSX sound but it isn't called anything like Baggage handling. It is in fact called seat_belt.wav
There you go Umberto. ;)
So back to the first post, would it be possible for you to take a look.
Many thanks and kind regards
Steve

PS attached the file in question

Edit.... After more observations I suspect this is called when the bus arrives. Hence two busses, two calls. It seems to coincide with the arrival of the busses.
I can understand this could be a problem for you Umberto as some of us are not using the original sound set and by changing the call timing for some of us will annoy others.
I await your response
Kind regards
Steve
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:13:36 pm by Rustydog »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 11:54:25 am »
The file you posted is NOT from GSX. You have probably downloaded an alternative sound set, which is saying that, and forgot about that. But the original seat_belt.wav sound from GSX is supposed to be a very discrete "beep", with no words said, like the sound you hear when the seat belt of no-smoking sign goes on/off.

Of course, if you replace it with something so different, there's really not much we can do to prevent this.

Rustydog

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 09:52:08 pm »
Yes I had pretty much come to that conclusion myself once I realised I had replaced one sound file with another.
Thanks for your time looking into it though.
regards
Steve