Author Topic: GSX not recognizing the door being open  (Read 3330 times)

cowings1588

GSX not recognizing the door being open
« on: March 06, 2019, 01:30:32 am »
First time I've ever ran into this issue.. But earlier today when I tried to load my plane and request boarding pax, it kept saying too open left main cabin door, yet the door was open on the FSL bus & even when I closed and open it, I still kept getting the alert.. usually closing it and opening it, does the trick but I continued to keep getting this and I don't normally have this issue for the Airbus.. Its normally the 737 I have too open and shut it but tonight its the Airbus but like I said.. Even doing it did not fix the issue.. Not sure what happen..
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not recognizing the door being open
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:27:00 am »
The FS Labs controls the doors by itself by reading the GSX status so, nothing you see has anything to do with GSX.

There's an additional 2-3 minutes delay after all passengers boarded, during which you might see the GSX request to close a door, but it won't close immediately because FS Labs is simulating the dispatcher coming on board to finish the paperwork, so this is entirely intentional and, in fact, we were discussing sending this guy as animated character, so people won't assume there's some kind of "bug" in GSX, just because the airplane is waiting to close the door.

Of course, you can always increase the time between GSX messages, if the default frequency is too high for you.

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 02:44:51 am »
I never had an issue with it before, and yes I am use to short delay, but this keeps going on and on, I've waited 5-10 mins and I still continue to get a message from GSX that it wants me too open the door, when door is already open..  Usually within a couple mins like you said, you start hearing the boarding process and see the people coming down to board now that we have animated people.. But either way I am not getting  that anymore.. It just keeps giving me message too keep opening left front door when the door is already open..  Never before an issue until I started getting it today.

I love GSX though..
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 02:49:23 am »
As I've said, the FS Labs is supposed to close the doors automatically when used with GSX. It's possible that by doing that while the airplane was trying to do it automatically, might have confused its logic.

As explained so many times on the forum, GSX doesn't do anything other than reading a variable to have certain value. The variable can be either wrong in the airplane configuration (but in that case, it will *never* work), or it's the correct one. If it's the correct one, the only possible reason why is not set to the value GSX considers as closed, it's because the airplane hasn't set it, for any number of reasons. The only thing sure, it's not GSX, which is just waiting for that variable to be set.

cowings1588

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 05:47:32 am »
Just wanted too let you know, whatever that hiccup I was having, seems to be resolved now.. I removed both GSX and all the coutl related things, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled FSlabs airbus and my GSX and my scenery I've bought from you.. tested it, now the door on the airbus and GSX recognizing that the door is indeed open as it has done in the past before.. Loads pax just fine now.. Just wanted to let you know problem solved..

COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:49:28 am »
by default though on FSlabs anyway. door is always open too start with.. Every time airbus loads up, it loads with the door open anyway.
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 11:41:12 am »
The problem was likely solved by reinstalling the airplane, since nothing in GSX could affect reading variables could possibly fixed by reinstalling GSX. If GSX really had an issue reading variables from the simulator, nothing will work with it, not just door detection, but basically everything else too.

vc-10man

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 10:53:11 pm »
I too have FSL's A3xx and the doors have never been an issue as FSL recognises the GSX menu and the doors, be it for the Service for the catering service on the right-hand side, open and shut automatically, or as do the cargo doors. Never been an issue with the FSL A3xx, however, the same cannot be said for the PMDG 737-xxx, as I always get flagged to 'open Door L1 when it is already open.

Not exactly sure why it does that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 12:47:18 pm »
Not exactly sure why it does that.

That's because the PMDG 737 is probably not initializing its own custom variable correctly.

This is confirmed by other users that reported that, when the PMDG 737 is starting from a Cold & Dark situation, the door variable is correctly initialized so, what GSX reads matches the real status of the door.