Author Topic: lvl 2 black jetway numbers  (Read 1931 times)

tekrc

lvl 2 black jetway numbers
« on: March 05, 2019, 05:49:33 pm »
I know this has been brought up more than once but I never saw anyone have a real fix for the issue. all of the threads just kind of stop. was this people giving up on fixing it?

anyway same deal with me. has been this way since lvl 2 came out and has been bugging me since. would be really nice to get this fixed.

graphics drivers are up to date (just updated before making this)
RTT is unchecked (whatever that is since I didnt mess with any of the settings in there nor did I see documentation for what they do)
did the replace default jetway with sode jetway tutorial which is great but now I have jetways and no readable numbers making picking out parking spots a bit tough
tried changing font and colors with no change
tried running the live update and then the installer itself again with no change

any other ideas for what I could try doing?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:55:28 pm by tekrc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: lvl 2 black jetway numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:45:25 am »
I know this has been brought up more than once but I never saw anyone have a real fix for the issue. all of the threads just kind of stop. was this people giving up on fixing it?

Not sure what do you mean with "all the threads", since there were just a couple of people ever reporting this, so it's likely that, either a driver update, a system reinstall or a sim reinstall might have fixed it in the meantime.

The only thing we know there are still some issues with, are SLI configuration: is this your case ? If it's not, then there are no reasons why the jetway numbers won't work, other than a driver setting, a wrong video driver tweak, a video driver bug, a problem with the sim installation, shaders that might require rebuilding, etc.

Some users reported texture problems, like black textures on airplanes, when updating P3D4 using the Client only. I always Uninstall and Reinstall using the Full installer: that's the best method to update.

tekrc

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 08:39:39 am »
all of the threads meaning each of the few I saw with this issue. being all of them. doesnt mean a large number.

as I said already it is not a driver issue since I just updated mine.

sli is not the issue since I only have a single gpu (gtx 1080)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 11:39:28 am »
as I said already it is not a driver issue since I just updated mine.

Having updated the driver only tells you have the latest version of the driver. It doesn't tell if:

- You have a setting that is wrong for the sim for some reason. You should try a clean installation of the driver.

- The driver might have a bug. This is very unlikely, since as I've said, only a couple of people reported this problem, and most of them had a SLI configuration, but it's still possible the driver bug might happen only on a specific system configuration, like a combination of mainboard BIOS, video card, or a software problem, like another 3rd party program not related to the sim, which might affect your video card.

sli is not the issue since I only have a single gpu (gtx 1080)

Which makes even more likely the problem is a settings issue or a conflict like I listed above.

Also, you haven't replied to this question:

Some users reported texture problems, like black textures on airplanes, when updating P3D4 using the Client only. I always Uninstall and Reinstall using the Full installer: that's the best method to update.

I asked, because there'a discussion going on in the LM forum, that some users see black textures when updating using the Client only, and that's NOT related to GSX at all, since they see it in several 3rd party airplanes, and the problem seems to go away when reinstalling/updating the sim using the Full installer.