Author Topic: Weird Behavior with GSX2 installed first w/ ORBX NRM enabled later  (Read 1533 times)

SWVA4592

Hi, All.
Quick and dirty: P3D v4.3.29.25520, GSX2 2.5.0.11 installed over 2.3.0.0, ORBX with GlobalVector, NRM just enabled.

Went to KGEG-Spokane International and found the jetways at the tops of the buildings; ran AEC to no effect.  After a lot of fruitless searching as to if this was a GSX or ORBX issue, the solution (for me) was to 1) Open P3D to KGEG with default a/c, 2) access GSX-Customize Airport Positions, 3) change the Airport Elevation manually from existing (722.985) to new setting (in this case, 482.000), 4) Apply/Exit Customize Airport Positions, 5) Exit/Reload P3D and open to KGEG w/ default a/c, 6) access GSX-Customize Airport Positions, 7) Click icon next to Airport Elevation 8) Apply/Exit Customize Airport Positions, 9) Exit/Reload P3D and open to KGEG w/ default a/c all was good.  I checked and found the expected, new GSX KGEG *.ini file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX folder.

My question is: Does GSX2 need to be re-run after an area and/or airport is enabled in order for the settings to be correct?

Thanks,

Michael

I'm including the screenshots, so you can see the effect the original configuration had:

The screenshots show the following:
1) Elevated jetways; though tug is ground level.
2) Jetways lowered to match where the door of aircraft should be--note the passenger in the door.  Ground equipment at ground level.
3) Passengers trying to exit aircraft, but have to first walk "down" to where the actual aircraft door is.
4) Once reaching the level of the a/c door passengers walk out of the a/c onto where the jetway should/would match up with the a/c.
5) Passengers now walk "up" the jetway to the terminal; or at least walk where the jetway should/would be.
6) Closeup of the captain walking "down" to the level of the door.
7) After exiting the a/c door, the captain walks "up" the jetway to the terminal.
8) Captain enters terminal at concourse level.
9) Just another view of how the ground equipment is fine; just the jetways are at issue.

The new GSX KGEG*.ini file has:
[general]
afcad_path = F:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NRM_KGEG_Spokane_Intl.BGL
elevation = 716.28

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Weird Behavior with GSX2 installed first w/ ORBX NRM enabled later
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:03:35 pm »
My question is: Does GSX2 need to be re-run after an area and/or airport is enabled in order for the settings to be correct?

An .INI file will be created and that's related to the same .BGL which was active at the time when you edited the airport. So, if the .BGL has changed for any reason (for example the scenery was disabled then re-enabled), you must fix the altitude and create the associated .INI file for it.