Author Topic: Power Crash in Pushback  (Read 1574 times)

simmyjiff

Power Crash in Pushback
« on: March 01, 2019, 08:31:37 am »
Hi Everyone, thanks for your help in anticipation
I am flying the Aerosoft A319 Professional out of Frankfurt and using GSX, I'm following the 'Step by Step guide at the moment as I have just upgraded both the Sim to PD3 v4, and also the new A319.
All steps have been followed to the letter, anyway I get to the Push back sequence, open up GSX, select Push back from the drop-down, all OK but when I press the 'direction of push-back' I experience a complete shut down of some electrical systems, which include all of the the screens? clearly I am unable to proceed past this point.
This issue follows some thing similar when the Aircraft started to perform all sorts of acrobatics during push-back, I then did a new reinstall of GSX, excluding of course the antivirus software.

OS - Win 10 v803 Build 17134.59
Sim - PD3 v 4.4.16.27077

Please let me know if you require any further info, please also be advised I am contacting Aerosoft support with the problem.

Thanks
Jim

DrJ1

Re: Power Crash in Pushback
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:00:48 pm »
Is your APU running at the time of pushback?    Once the jetway disconnects it no longer has the ability to provide ground power to the aircraft.   You should be on APU power well before you ask for pushback

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Power Crash in Pushback
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 11:49:04 pm »
Yes, if the airplane interfaces with GSX to get power from the jetway, you must be sure you have an alternate source of power (APU) before moving away from the parking.