Author Topic: GSX Boarding not starting  (Read 1679 times)

Captain_Edward

GSX Boarding not starting
« on: March 02, 2019, 05:10:16 pm »
Hello,

Recently upgraded to GSX Level 2 and I can only say magnificent work to all involved. GSX is probably the most worth the money addon there is. If you fly on VATSIM for instance it really is an immersion let down to not have good pushback. So thank you!  :D

Now to my problem. Earlier you could have static jetways and still the boarding procedure would start. Now with SODE Jetways required it doesnt seem to work if you want to fly at an airport where it's impossible in the scenery to remove the static jetways and add SODE Jetways.

For instance at Göteborg Landvetter Airport in the western part of sweden the scenery does not allow to remove the static jetways. Therefore when flying there I am okey with the jetway not perfectly connecting to the aircraft but I still want the boarding to start ofcourse.

When I therefore select *no jetway* in the customization window and also *no pax bus* and *no airstair* and click start boarding nothing ever happens. I guess this is because there is no way for the program to know how to take passengers onboard?

Is there any way to fix this?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Boarding not starting
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:53:02 pm »
If the airport has non-removable static jetways, you should do exactly the opposite of what you did so, you must be sure you DO tell GSX there's a jetway and don't touch the other options as well, since the No Passenger Bus is used only for parking spots where the terminal is so close to the gate that a bus is not required, and the disable Staircases is only used to remove the last stair normally used by cleaning crew.

Boarding on such parking spots will be much faster, since it will be only simulated compared to the full passengers animation.