Author Topic: Constantly getting message on flights near airports or on airports  (Read 4082 times)

marknie

"A simulator update has been applied please run GSX Level 2 Control Panel to patch Sceneries"  I have run the live update and the level 2 control panel a zillion times. It doesnt go away. Where is this patch?  I dont think the Live update is working?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:56:50 am by marknie »
Capn Mark Niebauer

marknie

Re: Constantly getting message on flights near airports or on airports
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »
No Response means this is a bug.  Ill just wait for a fix.  Typical fashion, there is not customer service like it always is in the FS community.
Capn Mark Niebauer

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 05:56:11 am »
No Response means this is a bug.  Ill just wait for a fix.  Typical fashion, there is not customer service like it always is in the FS community.

ever  thought of the time difference   and  I guess  you  expect  Umberto  to  work  24/7,  give him  time  to  respond  since  don't  expect him  to  respond  as  soon  as  you post  some thing
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 07:00:00 am by pete_auau »

marknie

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 07:30:30 am »
i forget hes a 1 man show.
Capn Mark Niebauer

pgde

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 03:25:25 pm »
He's not a one man show but I think it is unreasonable to expect support on Christmas eve. Nobody is open now.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Daniel Baker

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 07:43:46 pm »
Looking forward to a resolution on this one, too.  Have the same issue and can't resolve.

...after the holiday, of course. ;D

marknie

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 08:06:24 am »
It happens on every flight here. Getting old.
Capn Mark Niebauer

marknie

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 12:04:52 am »
I solved it!  Like always, had to do it myself.  Run the GSX Level 2 Control Panel, Make sure default gateways is inactive and check every modified xml on the list and click the compile button.  Worked for me, but this GSX 2 is still very buggy. Not ready for market in my opinion, very sloppy.  Sad we all had to pay money to be beta testers again. . .
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 09:15:46 am »
He's not a one man show but I think it is unreasonable to expect support on Christmas eve. Nobody is open now.

Finally a sane comment...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 09:24:40 am »
I solved it!  Like always, had to do it myself. 

I don't know what you are trying to say with "like always", but you surely couldn't expect 24/7 support during Christmas.

Run the GSX Level 2 Control Panel, Make sure default gateways is inactive and check every modified xml on the list and click the compile button. 

No need to do that, of course. As the message said, you only had to enter the GSX Control Panel, and Disable the default jetways. No need to recompile the XML files.

The message appears because GSX checks the the default airport_objects.bgl file, which can be patched or unpatched. If the simulator was updated, the file reverted to the upatched status, so GSX will correctly stop to create its own jetways (otherwise you'll see double jetways default+GSX), and will correctly give you that message, so you'll know you must disable the default jetways.

So, what "fixed" it for you was to disable the default jetways, which is what the message told you to do.

Nothing in the status of the various XML/BGL exclude files could possibly affect this but, since you said you did both (disabling the default jetways and recompiling), you think you fixed that way, but you haven't. It was enough to disable default jetways, as the message said.

yellow70

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 10:37:56 am »
Hello

I can't change the default jetways stays grey.

Frans Gehl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 11:01:58 am »
I can't change the default jetways stays grey.

Before you can change default jetways, you must first disabled them. And, of course, have GSX L2 activated.