Author Topic: Closing doors early  (Read 2639 times)

garymccl

Closing doors early
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:09:00 am »
Hi everyone. I'm trying to load the Airbus Pro using GSX but things on my system seem to have changed recently (upgrade of Airbus & P3Dv4).

Basically, the problem is that if I'm using the stairways and I'm loading the aircraft, then GSX seems to a automatically close the doors and remove the stairway, even if the Airbus has not finished loading (according to MCDU4).

It would be good for gsx to not manage any of the doors at all.

Thanks, Gaz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Closing doors early
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 12:42:39 pm »
GSX never tries to close doors automatically, it's something that it's best left to the airplane developers so, what you are looking, is likely the airplane itself, which is reading the GSX door requests and closing its doors so, you should report this to Aerosoft, because I believe in the latest update they added the feature for automatic doors handling, but it's done entirely within the airplane code.

garymccl

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 02:09:07 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me - I appreciate it.

Gaz

garymccl

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 06:20:38 am »
See my post on Aerosoft : https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/143268-doors-with-gsx-level-2

When I wrote my part of the post it got me that the aircraft isn't finished boarding before gsx withdraws it's stairs :
1. When MCDU4 hasn't completed its load
2. When gsx has completed (usually first)
3. The aircraft doors are automatically closed, so the MCDU4 may be showing you that you're trying to load 180 passengers, but was stopped when gsx thought the aircraft was full, yet the aircraft was only at 150...
4. The stairways are removed, and the doors closed automatically - which is the problem

Given item 3, something is trying to close the aircraft when gsx has finished? Surely that has be gsx, itself?

Thanks, Gaz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 02:07:51 pm »
Given item 3, something is trying to close the aircraft when gsx has finished? Surely that has be gsx, itself?

Have you read my previous answer ? I'll repeat it again:

GSX never tries to close doors automatically, it's something that it's best left to the airplane developers so, what you are looking, is likely the airplane itself, which is reading the GSX door requests and closing its doors so, you should report this to Aerosoft, because I believe in the latest update they added the feature for automatic doors handling, but it's done entirely within the airplane code.

I'll repeat again, under NO circumstances GSX will EVER try to close the airplane doors, it cannot possibly know how to do that, there's just nothing in its code that operate doors, it only reads their status, never tries to write to it, which would be an entirely different procedure.

garymccl

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 04:32:01 pm »
I understand what you may be saying when you say that it's Aerosoft's problem, especially as the developer you haven't written any code to close doors.  It''s just interesting to me that if I tell the aircraft that it's going to being boarding 180 passengers, and the GSX product loads up to 180 (thinking it's full), but the Airbus says that it has only got to 150, then the door get closed, because GSX has reached the limit...  Why else would the aircraft close it's doors when it knows it's not full - an app external to the aircraft must be closing the doors, since the aircraft knows it hasn't reached it's 180 figure, yet.

Anyway, I have asked Aerosoft to look into it, and as you say, if you have no code in there to close aircraft doors - I need to move on.

Thanks, Gaz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 12:24:20 am »
if I tell the aircraft that it's going to being boarding 180 passengers, and the GSX product loads up to 180 (thinking it's full), but the Airbus says that it has only got to 150, then the door get closed, because GSX has reached the limit...  Why else would the aircraft close it's doors when it knows it's not full - an app external to the aircraft must be closing the doors, since the aircraft knows it hasn't reached it's 180 figure, yet.

That's NOT an indication that something external to the Aircraft is doing that. It's only an indication the aircraft doesn't know GSX will be loading 180 passengers, so it's closing the doors because its own internal number is 150.

The way this is supposed to work, when an aircraft interfaces to GSX directly, is the aircraft itself should SET a special variable (documented in the GSX manual), to tell GSX "I'm going to tell you how many passengers me, the aircraft, I think I have". Is this variable is set, GSX will stop estimating the passenger numbers in his own way, and will just trust what the airplane said. If you have the "Estimate passenger number" option disabled, you'll still show you the number, which you are supposed to confirm without changes.

Because, of course, if the airplane said he have 150 passenger, it communicated that number to GSX, which presented you with 150 to confirm, and you *changed* to 180, that will of course screw up any code in the airplane itself that used the strategy of waiting for the last passenger to close the doors, since the airplane was sure to have said to GSX having 150 passengers, we haven't set a system in place were the airplane tells a number, and GSX would send it back *changed* (forcing the airplane to update its count), because the user changed it when asked to confirm.

But of course, that's just an assumption, since I don't know if the airplane is setting the passenger number to GSX, don't know if you had the Estimate passenger number disabled AND you changed the number suggested by GSX (through the airplane, assuming it does that), but that's some kind of problem it can surely happen.