Author Topic: Air temperature on pushback-Ice Warning in warm weather  (Read 2364 times)

Oggie

Air temperature on pushback-Ice Warning in warm weather
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:38:41 am »
On more than a few occasions I have weather (VATSIM wx interpreted by REX) at start up of +12 or +13C, no precipitation and no significant cloud but receive a warning of icing conditions with the instruction not to strat engines until push back is complete and parking brake is set.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Air temperature on pushback-Ice Warning in warm weather
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 12:43:21 am »
Icing conditions won't appear unless the temperature is lower than 8°C so, the only possible explanation is that, those weather engines displayed +12/+13, but the real temperature in the sim was lower, maybe for a brief amount of time.

GSX takes the weather information in the standard way, using Simconnect directly and asking for the Metar so, the only possible reason for this, is the temperature in the Metar for that airport at that time WAS lower than 8°C in the sim, regardless what the other weather engine was indicating.

Oggie

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:09:09 am »
Interesting-thank you for the explanation.  I will try and cross-check wx sources if/when this happens again to see if different conditions are being reported.

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 01:36:32 am »
Icing conditions won't appear unless the temperature is lower than 8°C so, the only possible explanation is that, those weather engines displayed +12/+13, but the real temperature in the sim was lower, maybe for a brief amount of time.

GSX takes the weather information in the standard way, using Simconnect directly and asking for the Metar so, the only possible reason for this, is the temperature in the Metar for that airport at that time WAS lower than 8°C in the sim, regardless what the other weather engine was indicating.

Temperature is +17c and I have ice warning on pushback. I am at at high altitude airport with Active Sky and Cloud Art all updated. What could cause it? I selected pushback directly I did not board or deboard after loading p3d
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 02:33:39 am by 413x3 »