Author Topic: AFCAD not valid  (Read 1921 times)

clocki

AFCAD not valid
« on: February 14, 2019, 11:54:07 pm »
Hey,

I made todaa small flight and could use GSX normal without trouble. Then I installed cartayna airport files. First for Munich and then for 2 other airports. Now I wanted to test it but it always says it can not find a valid AFCAD. Even on other airports. I did not chance something on the scenery, only added the files provided by cartayna and his package.
I deleted all GSX config files but no success. It also says "generated airport cache with Failures".

EDIT: After another restart it seems basicly to work but for example at KBOS the file is not providing the new gates shown in the readme.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:06:19 am by clocki »

Timothy Metzinger

Re: AFCAD not valid
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:13:09 pm »
open the .ini file and see what AFCAD file it's looking for.   In some cases there are multiple AFCADS for a scenery (only one active), and the GSX ini file may be looking for a file with a different name.  This happened to me at LEAL - I'd used the more dense AFCAD and Javier's ini file was looking for the standard one.

clocki

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 02:35:06 pm »
Thanks, this problems was fixed after I restarted my PC after a night "stop". Suddenly it worked.

But I'm still having the problem that I can not see the special designed gates. I only have the stock ones which comes with the scenery. And according to the readme of cartayna the tested airport have his own gates matching the airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 02:41:27 pm »
I deleted all GSX config files but no success. It also says "generated airport cache with Failures".

Are you still getting this error ? If yes, enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, do a Couatl Restart with a cache rebuild, exit the sim and post your Couatl.LOG under %APPDATA%\Virtuali.

Don't post it, but ZIP it first and then Attach it to a post.