Author Topic: Vehicles Transparent  (Read 4114 times)

BavariaDomi

Vehicles Transparent
« on: February 27, 2019, 05:46:55 pm »
Hello together,
I have a Problem with my GSX. My vehicle trailer for the luggage and container is transparent.
Can everybody help me please?

Best reegards Dominik

BavariaDomi

Re: Vehicles Transparent
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:08:34 pm »
And this Problem i have,too
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:10:07 pm by BavariaDomi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:22:40 pm »
The problem is caused by a setting or a tweak that shouldn't be used in the FSX.CFG. try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

BavariaDomi

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:15 pm »
Hello Umberto,
Thank you for your answer. The Vehicle problem is solved.
But the Problem with the Passangers, you can see on the Picture is not solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:47:28 pm »
But the Problem with the Passangers, you can see on the Picture is not solved.

The previous solution is the only one known to fix this problem, which happens only with FSX, when wrong tweaks or settings are applied to either the video card settings or the FSX.CFG settings.

Passengers works just fine on FSX, of course.

Do you have the old FSX SP2 maybe ? If yes, it's possible is one of the rendering bugs of SP2 which has been fixed with the Acceleration Pack and in the Steam version.

BavariaDomi

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 06:55:00 am »
I have FSX and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 with the newest Driver installed. Yes of Course i have SP 2 installed, because without SP2 I have a Graphic Bugg in my Virtual Cockpit. Is there any way to fix this Problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 09:36:42 am »
Yes of Course i have SP 2 installed, because without SP2 I have a Graphic Bugg in my Virtual Cockpit. Is there any way to fix this Problem?

That's the issue: SP2 IS still bugged in rendering some things, while Acceleration Pack or FSX:Steam are a bit better ( FSX:SE also saves a bit of RAM, which is scarce in 32 bit ).

BavariaDomi

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 10:21:33 am »
But what can I do to fix it? If I uninstall the SP2, than it works or must I uninstall the GSX,too?
Do you want to say, anyone who use the normal FSX has this Graphic Problems? I hope thats a bad Joke, because I payed for this Addon and it doesn´t works.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:11:56 pm by BavariaDomi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 02:42:36 pm »
But what can I do to fix it? If I uninstall the SP2, than it works or must I uninstall the GSX,too?

You cannot uninstall the SP2, because that would revert FSX to an even older version, and that's not even supported by GSX.

Do you want to say, anyone who use the normal FSX has this Graphic Problems?

The addon works. What is not working is:

- Your graphic settings in the sim

OR

- Your video settings

OR

- A bug in FSX SP2

Or a combination of all 3. If your graphic settings in the sim are causing this problem, there's not much we can do. If your video settings are causing this problem, there's not much we can do. And if there's a bug in FSX SP2, there's not much *anybody* can do, since it's a 12-years old product that nobody will patch anymore.

If you insist using the outdated FSX platform, you should AT LEAST use the CURRENT version of it, that has added several bug fixes, and that's the Steam version.

I hope thats a bad Joke, because I payed for this Addon and it doesn´t works.

That's the main reason we have A TRIAL version to begin with, to make impossible for anybody to claim "I paid for something that doesn't work", because we give you all the means to verify it does, on your system.

If you want to continue to use a 12 years-old simulator, you must accept the chance that something MIGHT not work, especially if you are not even using the latest version of it, that's why you are really supposed to check the Trial version BEFORE purchasing and, especially in case of FSX, which we stopped support for more than 1 year ago, this is strongly recommended, since we test with FSX, but only with the latest version, which is either the Gold Edition ( DVD-based ) or the Steam Edition ( download):

BavariaDomi

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 03:51:01 pm »
I have the Professional Edition of FSX. At the Addon Manager there are many Tweak options. Can any configuration fix my Problem?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:02:38 pm by BavariaDomi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 12:13:30 am »
I have the Professional Edition of FSX. At the Addon Manager there are many Tweak options. Can any configuration fix my Problem?

The Professional version is just the first version of FSX which was released in 2006 and, the best it can go is to install the SP1+SP2, but that's still not enough, since SP2 still has some rendering issues that, as I've said, nobody will fix after 12 years and the product line discontinued.

As I've said, if you really want to stick to FSX, at least use its most recent version, that is the Steam version. That one as some of these issues fixed (most of them were already fixed in the Acceleration Pack), and it's using memory a bit better so, it's the version to use.

Of course, the real solution would be switching to a current sim, such as P3D4, which is maintained, supported and tested, and it's working so much better, than it's no wonder most users are switching to it. But if you are still not ready to move away from FSX, at least use its latest version.