Author Topic: "a simulator update has been applied, please run gsx level 2 control panel..."  (Read 3080 times)

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
Since upgrading to P3d 4.4, I've been getting the following error when arriving at certain airports:

"a simulator update has been applied, please run gsx level 2 control panel to patch sceneries with jetways"

I have run the GSX level 2 control panel and recompiled, but this hasn't resolved the issue. I've also run Couatl_Updater.exe. Any suggestions?

Most of the airports seem to be those I'm using Cartayna's scenery configs with.

Thanks,
Filbert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
That's not an error, it's just a warning that updating the sim has restored default jetways, so you must disable them again using the GSX Control Panel.

So, as the message says, enter the GSX Control Panel, and click the "Disable default jetways" button, so the message will go away.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
So, as the message says, enter the GSX Control Panel, and click the "Disable default jetways" button, so the message will go away.

Ah, if only that was what the message had said, that's what I'd have done! Thanks, it's worked, but it was not at all clear to me that that's what the message was asking me to do, especially as it appeared on arrival at non-default airports. Perhaps you could adjust the wording in a future update to make it clearer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Ah, if only that was what the message had said, that's what I'd have done! Thanks, it's worked, but it was not at all clear to me that that's what the message was asking me to do, especially as it appeared on arrival at non-default airports. Perhaps you could adjust the wording in a future update to make it clearer?

The current wording simply assumes having read the GSX manual, which at Page 4 says you can use the GSX Control Panel to restore or disable default jetways. But yes, we can change it to make it even clearer.