Author Topic: GSX problems  (Read 1660 times)

de lattre

GSX problems
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:38:29 am »
Good morning to all,

I am having a few glitches with GSX, my be induced by me, but I hope you will be able to help me.

During push back selection, I am given the option to push nose left or right, but what ever option I chose, GSX pushes me straight for 100 meters. I have just read the solution by opening and modifying the Afcad,  but in the few thread explaining glitches with GSX I have seen people who are not given the option left or right but not mine. This happens in LFPG gate L53.

Also 3 days ago it was not the problem, I pushed from K44, I requested nose left but it pushed nose right. I thought it was pilot error.

Also, and it is may be my fault, If I want to push, I have to reset all the time the position or I keep hanging in the push back requested, waiting for other services to complete, when all is completed, to me anyway.

Thanks for reading and for input.

Cyrille de LATTRE

de lattre

Re: GSX problems
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:27:20 am »
Little update,

I have set straight pushback to ZERO,and I will see what happen next time. I supposed that if it is not set to 0, straight pushback will be applied what ever left or right option is selected.

Cyrille

Good morning to all,

I am having a few glitches with GSX, my be induced by me, but I hope you will be able to help me.

During push back selection, I am given the option to push nose left or right, but what ever option I chose, GSX pushes me straight for 100 meters. I have just read the solution by opening and modifying the Afcad,  but in the few thread explaining glitches with GSX I have seen people who are not given the option left or right but not mine. This happens in LFPG gate L53.

Also 3 days ago it was not the problem, I pushed from K44, I requested nose left but it pushed nose right. I thought it was pilot error.

Also, and it is may be my fault, If I want to push, I have to reset all the time the position or I keep hanging in the push back requested, waiting for other services to complete, when all is completed, to me anyway.

Thanks for reading and for input.

Cyrille de LATTRE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX problems
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:17:52 pm »
I have set straight pushback to ZERO,and I will see what happen next time. I supposed that if it is not set to 0, straight pushback will be applied what ever left or right option is selected.

Straight pushback means straight pushback so, if you ask 100 meters, it will push you 100 meters back.

If you choose Left or Right, the straight pushback won't have any effect on this, and the distance is not even "saved", if this is what you meant with "see what happen next time".

Left or Right won't always work as you expect because, even if the pushback preference is set to "Both" on the scenery AFCAD, that doesn't automatically mean there ARE nodes available GSX can use for that direction. So, for example, if a parking is set to "Both", but the nodes are arranged in a way that only Right pushback is possible, it will perform a right pushback even if you choose Left.