Author Topic: Passenger Stairs missing Truck  (Read 1888 times)

ivanrk

Passenger Stairs missing Truck
« on: January 29, 2019, 04:36:10 pm »
Hi
Often when I am boarding/deboarding via stairs, the stairs appear without any truck attached to them as if they were being operated by remote control.  They are labelled Menzies.  This is not consistent as sometimes they do appear with a truck and driver but not always.  Is this something I am doing wrong?  Everything is up-to-date so I am assuming it is a bug.  Should my log tell me anything?  Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:42:42 pm by ivanrk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger Stairs missing Truck
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:07:54 am »
Nothing is wrong, it's no bug, those stairs are always been like that. The one with the driver are a separate model, and if they both fit the airplane, they all have a chance to appear so, it's entirely normal you sometimes seem the ones with the driver, and sometimes you see this model, which has been there since GSX was released.

They are going to be replaced in the next update (only in P3D4.4) with a better looking model and, it might be possible (if we have time, if not, it will be in the next update), we might add a human animation, because I believe that particular model is small enough to be operated by a human pulling it.

ivanrk

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:48:59 am »
Is there anyway I can make a setting so the model with the truck and driver always appears and not the driverless model?  It just doesn't look right without being driven.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:47:27 am »
You can change this line in the Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Staircase_fixed\SIM.CFG file:

condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 2.22 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 4.00 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

into this:

condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 2.22 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 2.60 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

This way, that model will only appear if the door's height is between 2.22 and 2.60 meters.

ivanrk

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 03:33:15 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Umberto.  Worked like a charm.  Thank you.
Ivan.