Author Topic: Select parking facility not paging choices properly.  (Read 1607 times)

Pirateinparadise

Select parking facility not paging choices properly.
« on: January 28, 2019, 09:00:33 pm »
Umberto,

I noticed this changed a while back but I keep forgetting to post it. I am having a couple of issues with my select parking menus. I'm attaching some images to illustrate. They are from FlyTampa KBOS, but the behavior is consistent at all airports. I just landed. My assigned gate is A18.

I press F12 as usual to bring up the GSX Select parking menu. The first menu that appears (Menu_1.jpg) looks fine, but there is no number next to the selection for "Next". I swear that at some point in the past, I was able to select a parking using only the keyboard by selecting numbers. This allowed me to taxi using my right hand on the stick, and use my left hand to select my parking. Now, I need to move my right hand to my mouse, select next, and then move my hand back to the stick. Not a problem if I have a long straight taxiway, but it is a problem if I have short stretches or lots of turns. Note at the top it says page 1 of 2 (1/2). There are 8 runway start position choices numbered 1-8 in this 1st screen. (4L 9 14 15R 22R 27 32 33L)

After selecting "next" with the mouse, the 2nd page to appear (Menu_2.jpg) has choices #3-8 which are the the exact same as choices #3-8 (14 15R 22R 27 32 33L) on the first page. Page 2 has no choice #1 or choice #2, but it DOES have "Next page" at the bottom with a #0 so it can be selected with the keyboard. (yeah!)

Pressing 0 brings me to page 3 of 2. (Menu_3.jpg) All the choices are valid.

Going back, my gate was A18. If I select Gate A (#9 on page 2) I get the menu shown in Term_A1.jpg. It has choices #1-8, but no #0 for Next page. At the top, it says 1 of 3 (1/3).

'Next' brings me to page 2 (Term_A2.jpg). It starts with "Previous" (and no number to select it), then it shows choice #3. Choices #3-8 on this page are the same as choices #3-8 from the previous page. There is only 1 new choice at the bottom - #9. But there IS a #0 to allow selecting "Next page" via keyboard! (yeah again!).

Pressing 0 brings me to page 3 (Term_A3.jpg). This page is mostly fine. #1 is "Previous page", #2-8 are all the correct choices to follow page #2. NO #0 next to "Next" (Hmm... "Next Page" always has the number, but "Next" never does.)

'Next' brings me to page 4 - of 3 (Term_A4.jpg). It starts with "Previous" (and no number to select it), then it skips #1 and #2 and starts with choice #3. Choices #3-8 on this page are the same as choices #3-8 from the previous page. There is only 1 new choice at the bottom - #9. But there IS a #0 to allow selecting "Next page" via keyboard! (yeah again!).

'Next' brings me to page 5 of 3 (Term_A5.jpg). This page is actually fine aside from the fact that it says "3/3" at the top instead of "5/5".

I would imagine that this is unique to my system as I can't imagine that the community at large is seeing it but not reporting it. The odd part is that I recently uninstalled and reinstalled GSX a couple of weeks ago when I was upgrading a drive and the problem stayed. Maybe there's a config file affecting the menus somewhere?  Help!
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Select parking facility not paging choices properly.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:19 pm »
I would imagine that this is unique to my system as I can't imagine that the community at large is seeing it but not reporting it.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it has been already discussed and explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19690.msg136155.html#msg136155