Author Topic: GSX Level 2 / Baggage & Cargo Different on Departure  (Read 3737 times)

bhorv67

GSX Level 2 / Baggage & Cargo Different on Departure
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:54:06 pm »
I'm trying to figure out what determines how much cargo and baggage GSX brings to the plane upon boarding. Doesn't seem to matter what the ZFW is set to. When the Baggage cart comes to the plane it always has one trolley (3 bags) and 1 cargo container when I'm using the AS Airbus. If I'm in the NGX, or MD82, there's one bag cart for each cargo bay. I could have a completely full flight, yet GSX only brings one bag cart to the plane.

The odd part is at the destination, Baggage pickup will go to the plane with 3 carts and pickup 4 cargo containers.

What determines this setting and why is it different on departure than arrival?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 / Baggage & Cargo Different on Departure
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:19:21 pm »
When the Baggage cart comes to the plane it always has one trolley (3 bags) and 1 cargo container when I'm using the AS Airbus.

This has been discussed so many times on the forum: the Aerosoft Airbus does cargo loading progressively so, in order for GSX to estimate the number of passengers, which also relates to the number of cargo containers/carts, you must either:

- Call GSX *after* the airplane has finished its own progressive loading simulation

OR

- Disable the "Estimate passenger number" option in the GSX settings, and enter the number of passenger manually.

This, of course, is valid for every airplane that has its own progressive cargo loading simulation, the Aerosoft it's just the most common one.

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:40:35 am »

- Disable the "Estimate passenger number" option in the GSX settings, and enter the number of passenger manually.

Thanks, sorry to make you repeat this.

Where is the manual number entered?

part-time-punk

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 01:26:27 pm »
You will be prompted in the GSX info bar to enter the number of passengers.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:28:04 pm by part-time-punk »

Airmaz1

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 12:03:18 am »
What i normally do is instant load pax and cargo, no issue then, regarding fuel also instant load it but only when gsx asks you too.

bhorv67

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 07:57:42 pm »
You will be prompted in the GSX info bar to enter the number of passengers.

I unchecked 'estimate passenger number', yet no prompt to enter number pax appeared in the GSX info bar.

Axis360

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 10:45:44 am »
Did you check the "message text" box in the P3D options?