Author Topic: Pmdg pushback shaking  (Read 6769 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pmdg pushback shaking
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 10:55:21 am »
I have to say I have PMDG 737, 747 and 777 that are the only aircraft I fly and have never encountered this problem. Just saying. Very curious.

Have a look at this thread on Avsim:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/505838-is-pmdg-going-to-work-with-fsdt-to-integrate-gsx-pushback/?do=findComment&comment=3587873

This issue has been solved! Here's what I found that fixed it for me:

Go to your C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder

Open cameras.cfg

Under [CameraDefinition.002] (this should be the Virtual Cockpit cam), set MomentumEffect = No. Hit save and close. Now there's no crazy camera shake during push. The nosewheel and tiller animations are still wonky so I hope PMDG will work with GSX, but at least now I won't have brain damage every flight. For anyone having this issue, please try it out and let me know if it works!

jgoggi

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 07:06:36 am »
Umberto,
Any news about this issue? I have EZDOK v3 and each time I push back with my 747, I get a horrible shaking. I already have MomentumEffect=No in my CameraDefinition, so that does not solve the problem.
At the same time, I have also urged both PMDG and EZCA, but an agreement must be found and something must be done, because it's quite ridicolous that each of the 3 players passes the ball to the others...

Thank you.
James
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:24:51 am by jgoggi »
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 11:06:50 pm »
At the same time, I have also urged both PMDG and EZCA, but an agreement must be found and something must be done, because it's quite ridicolous that each of the 3 players passes the ball to the others...

Which "3 players" ?

Do you mean you only have the problem if EZDOK camera is enabled ? If yes, there's just one player, and it's clearly EZDOK, since the shaking you see is caused by some kind of special EZDOK effect, assuming you don't have it if you turn it off.

Or, do you mean you only have the problem with the PMDG, with the presence of EZDOK is irrelevant, and it doesn't happen with another airplane ? If yes, there's just one player, and it's clearly PMDG, since the shaking you see is caused by some special effect in the airplane.

As explained so many times on the forum, what you see is nothing we do from GSX, there's just nothing in the GSX code that makes the airplane or the view shake so, either it's a camera effect, or it's an airplane own effect. What GSX does, is simply write to the standard variables for the rudder the value of the steering, which allows the front wheel to steer together with the towbar, which clearly works for each and every other airplane out there, and it would be very unrealistic and bad looking if it didn't.

It's possible the airplane or any other 3rd party addon added any kind of custom simulation of something, and that might be confused and SHOULD be turned off when the rudder is moved by somebody else ( a Pushback in this case ), that's why we have a fully documented way for 3rd party developers to KNOW if GSX is pushing, so they can momentarily stop whatever simulation or effect they are doing, and this has been available for a while.

So, regardless if either the camera or the airplane are causing the shaking when GSX is pushing, they have all the tools and the information to fix the problem themselves. We, instead, simply CANNOT do anything from our side, and it's generally wrong if we tried to hack into a custom simulation of another product, we ONLY use 100% officially documented SDK access and variables, and stopped hacking into the sim long ago, since at least in P3D is no longer required.

Some developers, like FS Labs, Leonardo, Aerosoft, have all used one of these interfaces to be sure their users won't have any problems when using GSX. PMDG once promised to do that as well, but never came out with anything. Assuming, of course, the issue is in the airplane and not the EZDOK camera, which is not clear.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:08:47 pm by virtuali »