Author Topic: Cargo Loaders Not Next to Plane  (Read 1869 times)

wde12

Cargo Loaders Not Next to Plane
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:58:20 pm »
Hi all, I tried to find this issue here on the forum and the interwebs but was unsuccessful. Standard disclaimer and apology: if this has already been discussed or addressed, please direct me to the right spot.

I only have GSX, not level 2. Recently (a few weeks or even months ago), I believe there was an update. I could be mistaken. Anyways, after this update I noticed a small detail that has been driving me nuts. The cargo loaders - for any plane I choose, PMDG 777, 747, even a belt loading for 717, now only go to the plane when boarding / deboarding commences. Before, they would dock at the first service.

For example, I would call the catering trucks (first service) after booting a flight, and this would trigger the cargo loaders. No activity, just pulling up to the doors. I liked it bc it's more realistic. You see cargo loaders hooked up to planes even if there is no unloading or loading just yet. Visually, it simply gives the impression of more ground services.

Is there a way to revert back to the old way?

vc-10man

Re: Cargo Loaders Not Next to Plane
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 11:45:58 pm »
I too liked the old ways, but I have a feeling that as preparing an aircraft with fuel is far more important than baggage handlers to the ready, as they would impede the fuelling truck I think that's why the service priority has altered, I could be off-beam here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:00:47 am »
This has been explained so many times: you asked for simultaneous services and, because of this, in order to reduce the change for vehicles to conflict between themselves (before, they had far less changes to conflict, because you could only perform a service at a time), we had to change their position, because some other vehicle (usually the fuel or the catering), might conflict with the loaders.

wde12

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 02:42:33 pm »
As I said, my apologies if it had been asked I couldn't find any topic that indicated the thread was about this issue (directly or indirectly). Thanks for the answer.

vc-10man

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:30:36 am »
No need for apologies. After all, this is a Forum where we ask questions, give answers if feasible.

Anyway, enjoy and good landings.