Author Topic: Edit/Remove/Reposition 3rd party native SODE Jetway  (Read 2001 times)

MD-82

Edit/Remove/Reposition 3rd party native SODE Jetway
« on: January 25, 2019, 03:32:21 pm »
Hello,

I am hoping someone can chime in with a quick answer. I see a lot of posts and reading material. My problem is;

- SCELv2.2 has a small problem at gate C4. Gate 1 is a little too long. When I park a 747 there on the line, SODE tells me that Door 1L is too close.
- If I move the aircraft 5 feet away from the gate centerline, the gate attaches. So it is only a small change.

What I wanted to do, was replace the logic with GSX Level 2 SODE logic so I can at least move Jetway 1 inward about 5 feet thus solving the problem. But I can't exclude these jetways since they're already SODE? I tried, they don't disappear. So then the next logical conclusion would be, well since they are already SODE, I can just edit its location in "Customaize Parking", however both JetWay tabs are fully greyed out.

A simple yes or no would suffice for me, to let me know I need to read on to find the right answer. Can I achieve this with GSX? The only possible other solution is to change the coordinates in the airports .xml file, but it's a pain is the format is different and you can't instantly see the results.

Xander

xcc99

Re: Edit/Remove/Reposition 3rd party native SODE Jetway
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 04:43:35 pm »
Maybe you can try to move the stop position a little backwards. That way the plane stops earlier by default and GSX and SODE will be able to pick it up

MD-82

Re: Edit/Remove/Reposition 3rd party native SODE Jetway
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 05:17:11 pm »
Thanks for you reply,

in the mean time I have found references that confirm that airports that are SODE XML based can’t be edited in the same way as an IK conversion scenario. I have found a way to move the bridge by changing it!s coordinates in the XML. It took some trial and error conversion sites, but got it to move just the required amount to make it operational at the airplane’s designated stop spot.

Cheers !