Author Topic: Fuel Truck  (Read 2308 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Fuel Truck
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:39:30 am »
I'm using the Prosim737v2 aircraft.  I was looking at the manual to see what is supposed to take place during refueling.  I'm not getting the animation of the refueling process.  The refueling truck pulls up beside the aircraft, the menu appears to select amount of fuel.  If I select a percentage the truck just sits there until refueling is completed, then leaves.  If I select custom I enter the amount and the truck immediately leaves.  The fuel crew doesn't attach the fuel hose, I don't even see a fuel crew and the truck is much smaller than the one in the manual.  I did position the Fuel box in the correct location on the Customize Aircraft page and checked "Show FSX Fuel and Cargo dialog during refueling".  Will that animation not work with the Prosim aircraft?

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel Truck
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:16:52 am »
I don't even see a fuel crew and the truck is much smaller than the one in the manual.

This is the issue, which is not really an issue. Only the larger truck has a fuel animation, but it won't fit under the wing of a 737. The minimum height of the refuel point for the larger trucks to appear, is 3.40 meters from ground.

We are working on a fuel hydrant, which will feature two kind of animations, one for when the refuel point is high enough to require a moving platform, and another one when the wing is too low, so the pump will be attached without requiring a platform.

AFS

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:46 pm »
Excuse me, please, Umberto, it can not be right that way.
I use the PMDG B737 and the big tanker drives perfectly under the wing, ALL animations are available.
Both, the filler neck and the fuel-counter run perfectly.
It is more likely to assume that there is a problem with the aircraft.cfg of Prosim737v2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:32:35 pm »
I use the PMDG B737 and the big tanker drives perfectly under the wing, ALL animations are available.

Ok, I didn't know exactly the height of the wing of a 737 by heart, I guess it's just around the borderline of the minimum acceptable height.

It is more likely to assume that there is a problem with the aircraft.cfg of Prosim737v2.

Yes, maybe just moving the refuel point with the airplane configuration editor a bit outside, when the wing is higher, might be enough.

AFS

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 10:15:30 am »
Hi Umberto,

they're probably right. But this seems only affects the Prosim737v2 mentioned here. Since the last update on December 7th, the filler neck of tanker is 100% in line with the PMDG 737  - also graphically visible - filler cap.