Author Topic: Rain/Snow on-off-on-off  (Read 2153 times)

disco79stu

Rain/Snow on-off-on-off
« on: January 05, 2019, 07:22:43 pm »
This is surely not a GSX problem in the first place but when I‘m on the ground and it‘s raining or snowing, the rain/snow sometimes stops and continues and stops and continues in a several seconds interval.

That leads to a weird appearing and disappearing of the stair-roofs (and is annoying in general).

Has anyone a tip or a solution how to prevent this?
(I‘m using Active Sky).

BR
Stu

Airmaz1

Re: Rain/Snow on-off-on-off
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:59:50 am »
I had same issue the other day and i agree its quite off putting, if they spawn with the roofs they should stay regardless of what weather changes occur.

Guenseli

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 07:10:17 am »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:45:30 am »
The problem doesn't obviously have anything to do with GSX, but it's of course caused by whatever weather engine you use, which is acting on rain/snow in that strange manner.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:55:36 am »
The problem doesn't obviously have anything to do with GSX, but it's of course caused by whatever weather engine you use, which is acting on rain/snow in that strange manner.

True. But GSX could maybe decide and stick to one roof option on startup. If I stay on the ground for an hour, and the weather is changing during that time, it's odd that the stair roofs are suddenly popping in (or out). 

Guenseli

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:49:01 pm »
It is not only when you stay one hour, it is changing within in a few seconds if the weather is accordingly.

So, I do not have a problem, when GSX is starting according the weather and will stay then, despite it is raining a few  moments later or not.
Another possibility would be, that the staircases arrive, are with roof or not according to weather and check weather a second time when borading begins and change their appearance if necessary once again (what would be however also a bit unreasistic, but would be ok for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 10:53:51 am »
The way we are doing it, is not using *any* GSX code: it's the object themselves that checks the rain/snow variables using standard visibility checks. Yes, of course, we can obviously add code to GSX to add all this custom handling you are asking but, the real issue is, why rain is going on/off that way ?

Such strange behavior won't affect *just* GSX, but for example airports with wet surface checks, and I'm sure the whole airport apron and runways constantly switching from reflective to non-reflective is way more distracting than the staircases, and that's not very easy to fix as it might in GSX.