Developer's Backdoor > Chicago O'Hare V2

Update on the ORD V2?

<< < (11/11)

tbarker1989:
I'm right there with your last point Umberto. LM needs to get away from all of the FSX stuff and move forward that is the only way to go unfortunately. The engine needs a huge overhaul.

Driver8:

--- Quote from: virtuali on May 04, 2019, 10:52:48 am ---Yeah but the FPS drop on v4.5 was confirmed on all-default setup as well, it was just a bigger drop with add-ons.  
--- End quote ---

There are different kind of fps drops in 4.5, a very small one on most default airports, and the biggest one with add-ons MADE FOR FSX. Or *partially* made for P3D with some (or a lot) FSX code.

Driver8:

--- Quote from: pracines on May 03, 2019, 08:44:31 pm ---No this is not a matter of patience or who is first in releasing, this is a matter of a community in a civil war with itself or at the very least a community that purposely does its best to be as inefficient as possible.

WHO NEEDS 2 KORD's? NOT EVEN 1 P3Dv4 USER!

Two top scenery developers developing the same airport at the same time is NOT time well spent for the community as a whole! There are still thousands of airports that need to be developed, hundreds of which are major airports.

Makes no sense at all, and X-Plane developers laugh at us; they have the Gateway that helps prevent this kind of waste.

--- End quote ---

The Gateway has nothing to do with pay scenery add-ons.  And it doesn't take long to find airports that more than one person has done over time.  It just makes it easier on the end-user to keep up on the free X-Plane-resource-only scenery updates.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Driver8 on May 07, 2019, 12:55:11 am ---The Gateway has nothing to do with pay scenery add-ons. 
--- End quote ---

In fact, I was wondering how X-Plane, with its many legendary qualities, managed to keep Free Market under control, and enforced a Soviet-like "planned economy". Not even Apple can do that.

portanav:

--- Quote from: virtuali on May 04, 2019, 10:52:48 am ---LM might be eventually able to fix this, but this won't keep happening forever. At a certain point, I think FSX backward compatibility will just go away because, if I was LM, I would start wondering how sensible is spending time to fix issues related to make old stuff work, and I would really love a future V5 would just stop supporting anything that is not at least P3D4-native.

--- End quote ---

I agree completely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version