Developer's Backdoor > Chicago O'Hare V2

Update on the ORD V2?

<< < (8/11) > >>

CptFlipDover69:
was the KORD project cancelled? I find it troubling all we get our GSX updates that put a little shine on vehicles.

stevefocus:

--- Quote from: CptFlipDover69 on April 27, 2019, 01:29:54 am ---was the KORD project cancelled? I find it troubling all we get our GSX updates that put a little shine on vehicles.

--- End quote ---

Why don't you read the previous quote by Umberto, which he posted before you.

--- Quote from: virtuali on April 27, 2019, 12:29:55 am ---
Nothing in the upcoming GSX update has any effect on KORD V2, which is progressing just fine and independently from it.

--- End quote ---

virtuali:

--- Quote from: CptFlipDover69 on April 27, 2019, 01:29:54 am ---was the KORD project cancelled?
--- End quote ---

That's exactly the opposite of what I just said...

--- Quote ---I find it troubling all we get our GSX updates that put a little shine on vehicles.
--- End quote ---

I find even more troubling that you haven't got the slightest clue about what the next update is about. A "little shine on vehicles", really ? What's your problem ?  

1) We spent about 5 months of hard work of remodeling almost all vehicles in GSX, all animations.

2) We made some very complex programming (Render to Texture in DirectX 11, do you even have the slightest idea how hard is to program DX11 in C++ ? Guess why most game developers use pre-made graphic engines, like Unreal or Unity...), to increase the efficiency of of the simulator by drastically reducing the number of repaints, and make it easier for users to create their own operators.

3) Which obviously came with lots of programming on the editor, to update the UI to allow this.

4) And lots of programming to totally change the scoring system and the operator selection

5) We added a whole new refuel vehicle, with an animation and an interaction between the two character so complex, that took about two months just for that one.

6) And the additional programming that went with it

All of this to make a FREE update for GSX. What idiots we are: in the same time we could have finished KORD, and sell you something, instead of giving away our work for a FREE update, that is "just a little shine".

Richard McDonald Woods:
Umberto, you are still one of my stars!

pracines:
Amazing how this specific topic died (so-to-speak on April 7th), then after the release of KLAS and SEQM, this topic comes back to life.

I too cannot wait for KORD V2 and I trust that it will be worth the wait.

KORD is a big deal in this community, V2 will likely make KORD an even bigger deal.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version