Author Topic: GSX Voices  (Read 4323 times)

Selkan

GSX Voices
« on: January 02, 2019, 05:47:13 pm »
Hi, I recall reading a few weeks ago that we would be given an option to choose different GSX voices.  Just wondering when we might get this update - really don't like the present robotic voice.

Happy New Year to one and all

AFS

Re: GSX Voices
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:38:18 am »
Hi, there is an alternative.

Ground Services Soundpack at http://www.avsim.com/;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 11:02:13 am »
ust wondering when we might get this update - really don't like the present robotic voice.

We replaced the old robotic voice with a real human voice since the September update, when GSX Level 2 was released, but the new voices don't require the Level 2 purchase so, if you are updated to the latest version, you will surely hear the real voices.

Selkan

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 01:03:17 pm »
Hi, I have GSX Level 2 installed, but not purchased, so I believe I must have the up to date voices.  It's the push back phase I refer to; although the voice may be real, it sounds very robotic.  I just recall reading a post about this last year, and I thought we were to be given an update with a choice on what voice to use?

Went over to Avsim and did a library check for GSX Voices but nothing came up.  Any chance of more information where to find.

Thanks

Rafal

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 04:45:49 pm »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Selkan

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 09:40:19 pm »
Hi Rafal, many thanks for your further help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 06:56:52 pm »
It's the push back phase I refer to; although the voice may be real, it sounds very robotic.

I think you are confusing the usage of eq and distortion to  simulate a voice as heard through an headset, spoken in a mike in a very noisy environment, with "robotic", but I assure you the old voice was really robotic compared to the current one.

I just recall reading a post about this last year, and I thought we were to be given an update with a choice on what voice to use?

There were some users which liked the OLD robotic voice better (that WAS robotic, since it WAS made with speech-synthesis ), so we said we might add an option to choose between the two in the future. But it's not there yet.

Selkan

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 12:18:51 pm »
Hi Virtuali, thanks for further information.