Author Topic: No jetways in EHAM  (Read 3117 times)

Mikock

No jetways in EHAM
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:06:21 am »
Hi,

I just installed the new config from here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.0.html

I put the files in the Roaming & Exclude folder and compiled the BGL-File again. After restart of the sim, I have no jetways in EHAM (s. picture).

Thank you very much for your help!

Artox67

Re: No jetways in EHAM
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 08:12:37 am »
Please compare the used AFCAD file at the ini. Must match to your EHAM settings.

You can check at EHAM scenery folder wich AFCAD is active and change it than in the ini file.

Cheers

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 09:21:23 am »
In order to see the new jetways sometimes you need to restart Couatl and/or rebuild the airport cache up to a few times.
It even happened to me that in case of a few airports I had to restart the sim to see them working finally.
Try and see, maybe it will solve the problem.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:38:21 pm »
In order to see the new jetways sometimes you need to restart Couatl and/or rebuild the airport cache up to a few times.

Restarting the cache a few times" is totally useless. Once it's more than enough but, on a large airport with so many jetways, it might take a while to recreate all of them so, just wait and they'll appear.

And, it's not even normal having to recreate the cache manually (even once) to begin with, since if there's a reason to recreate it, it will happen automatically and, it's required ONLY if you change something in the Scenery Library.

However, if you have tools that rename .BGLs (like switchers, utilities, etc.), a rename cannot be detected automatically, and that's the only case when a MANUAL cache rebuild is required. Only once.

Mikock

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 01:52:47 pm »
Hi,

I use the EAST-Afcad file and it is also set in the INI file. But there are no jetways on the whole airport.

Did I do any other mistake? Also rebuilding the cache did not help.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:26:52 pm »
I use the EAST-Afcad file and it is also set in the INI file. But there are no jetways on the whole airport.

The GSX parking customization page will tell you both the name of the AFCAD used by GSX and the name of the .INI used.

Ankh

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 12:08:26 pm »
I jump in here as I also have the problem that jetways are missing from time to time. Observed this just recently also in EHAM by FT, but also in LSZH and EDDK from Aerosoft. As a matter of fact, reloading the sim usually "cures" this and the jetways are back. Just utterly annoying when you arrive at a airport and several jetways are missing while others are there. Something might be wrong with the initial loading of the jetways? Is it maybe that too many simconnect calls give troubles? I do not know. What I know: some weeks ago, this issue was not there, so something in the last updates did change this...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:31:51 am »
Is it maybe that too many simconnect calls give troubles? I do not know. What I know: some weeks ago, this issue was not there, so something in the last updates did change this...

Yes, too many Simconnect update can cause this, which of course is a combination of many addons used at the same time, since everybody will call into it so, if the communication channel with the sim is closed, we might not get the chance to use it in time. And, of course, the communication speed is also dependent on your frame rate and how much your sim is taxed, overall.

I don't know what do you mean with "last updates", but nothing has changed since many updates in the way jetways are read/created.

There shouldn't be any need to restart the sim though. Try to restart Couatl instead.

Ankh

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 04:40:41 pm »
Ok, the next time I observe this, I will try to restart Couatl. Might help, thanks for the hint.