Author Topic: Aircraft with self contained boarding ladders **SOLVED**  (Read 1570 times)

Butch

Aircraft with self contained boarding ladders **SOLVED**
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:17:03 pm »
Would like to know if GSX would recognize  aircraft with self contained board ladders? I have here KBT Lockheed L-188 with its own pax boarding ladder.
After I opened the pax door and deployed the self contained ladder, the GSX program wanted me to finish opening the door which resulted in deploying
(opening) the ladder. It would then send its ladder to the opened door area after which pax would be seen getting off the plane. The self contained ladder
was setting just below the GSX ladder all the while. What I mean by "recognize" is, does GSX allow pax to use the self contained ladder without use of the
GSX ladder?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 10:03:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft with self contained boarding ladders
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:30:15 pm »
What I mean by "recognize" is, does GSX allow pax to use the self contained ladder without use of the GSX ladder?

Of course it does but, rather than saying "recognize", it would be best saying "supports, after doing a proper airplane customization, if the airplane used is not included in the GSX internal database".

Since I'm sure you already know that airplane is not already internally supported by GSX, because you made a custom configuration for it ( otherwise it won't work at all ), the only thing missing now, is reading the GSX manual at Page 54, the chapter named "Embedded Staircases", which explains exactly how to do that.

Butch

Re: Aircraft with self contained boarding ladders
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 12:39:50 am »
Just wanted to say thank you for pointing me to the right area of the manual.
Passengers now use the embedded stairs.  :)