Author Topic: Follow Me Car  (Read 2076 times)

Ursli80

Follow Me Car
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:38 pm »
Follow Me car. Hello FSDT Team,

i noticed today that the Follow Me Car only the turn signals on the car itself indicate the direction. If I remember correctly, the side of the beam on the top of the vehicle also flashed and the arrows in each direction were visible.
Am I right?
I noticed this at night, because in the P3D V4 with dynamic lights, the turn signals on the car are almost invisible, depending on how the lights hit the car.

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow Me Car
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:17:15 pm »
I noticed this at night, because in the P3D V4 with dynamic lights, the turn signals on the car are almost invisible, depending on how the lights hit the car.

That's possible, and it also highly dependent if HDR is on, how its settings are, if you have installed a 3rd party tweaker like PTA or Tomato Shader, and how well (or not at all) your monitor is calibrated. All these factors have an impact how visible (or not) lights can be at night.

We'll be updating all the GSX objects to PBR in the next weeks/months (they won't be updated all at the same time), and that has changed again everything about night lighting, but we should have little bit more control there.

Ursli80

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:01:56 pm »
Hello Humberto,

Thank you for your answer.

But is the direction now no longer displayed on the bar where is on the car?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:42:46 am »
But is the direction now no longer displayed on the bar where is on the car?

It should, even with the old vehicle.