Author Topic: GSX Installation **SOLVED**  (Read 1802 times)

DaleRFU

GSX Installation **SOLVED**
« on: December 27, 2018, 10:45:01 pm »
Good evening,

Today I bought the GSX Level 2 expansion from sim market. I downloaded the product from FSDT since the vendor I went with doesn't provide the actual software. After waiting for it to download I installed the expansion pack (GSX already being installed prior to lvl 2 being installed), once it was installed I fired up the sim and went to activate it through the add on manager that FSDT use only to be told my GSX base package was out of date and I should run the Live update application that came with the latest download.mi ran that and tried it again and got the exact same issue.

I then uninstalled both the basic and level 2 versions of GSX. Downloaded the lates of each from the FSDT website. Ran the installation and hey presto I don't get that issue anymore, instead now the only vehicle that is visible in the sim is the push back tractor. I have ensured that everything is activated but still nothing. I tried reinstalling it yet again and still have the issue.

Any ideas?

FSX SE user on Win10

Regards
Dale
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:25:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 09:35:50 am »
I then uninstalled both the basic and level 2 versions of GSX. Downloaded the lates of each from the FSDT website.

I don't understand how you could possibly do this, as if they were two separate installers. They are one and the same, there are no other installers anywhere on this site other than the one which contains GSX + Level 2.

In any case, you say this fixed the "outdated" error message, which of course is expected.

If only some objects are missing or parts are missing, it's usually a problem of video memory corruption so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

DaleRFU

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 08:37:15 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

Ah I thought they were separate installers, in that case I have installed it twice.

The issue with only some of the vehicles being shown I think is from the install. From what I had before I tried level 2 the objects were in the simobjects folder if I'm remembering correctly. Now when I install them none of the objects appear in the sim objects folders. Is this correct? I am making sure that the correct install patch is found.

Regards
Dale

DaleRFU

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 03:45:55 pm »
Got it working now, thanks for the help