Author Topic: GSX Jetways Glitch when connecting to Aircraft  (Read 3152 times)

thebettercp

GSX Jetways Glitch when connecting to Aircraft
« on: December 20, 2018, 10:20:25 pm »
When I am at an airport with stock or addon sceneries, the jetways when I go thru the gsx panel to 'operate jetways' snap like this and glitch out. however the jetway gpu and a units hover as well as the jetway airline panel. but the get way doesnt show connected. any idea?

thebettercp

Re: GSX Jetways Glitch when connecting to Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:39 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 03:55:30 pm »
Be sure you don't have the "Pause on Task switch" option enabled in the sim. Another addon stealing the focus and sending the sim into pause mode, might have caused this.

Gravity

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 02:56:40 am »
Hello,

I begin my post with positive words for the GSX I & II program by stating It is an amazing product. I can qualify this statement by saying that I have been using flight simulating for 20 years and noticed the strides add-on program made. It must have taken a lot of work to produce the add-on.
Now to the one question I seek an answer. I tried to find the answer on the forum and read the manual extensively but cannot solve this one issue (a screenshot is attached). I am sure the FSDT have answered this question but I just can't find it.  Additionally, the "Pause on task is unchecked"

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

System Specs: Windows 10, FSX Steam.

Sincerely,

Robert B.

thebettercp

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 05:47:19 pm »
yes pause on task switch is off. and after restarts the glitch still happens

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 09:57:46 pm »

The problem in your 2nd screenshot is exactly how it's supposed to look when you DO have the "Pause on task switch" enabled. Or, of course, if you (or another addon) placed the simulator in pause for some reason.

It will do exactly that, because when the sim is paused, we cannot communicate with it anymore.

thebettercp

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:45:46 am »

The problem in your 2nd screenshot is exactly how it's supposed to look when you DO have the "Pause on task switch" enabled. Or, of course, if you (or another addon) placed the simulator in pause for some reason.

It will do exactly that, because when the sim is paused, we cannot communicate with it anymore.

yes, but the "jetway" still moves as the GP cart and a/c car connected underneath the jetway move and looks as though it is actually operating. but the jetway does not visually look as though it is connecting.

did a fresh install today Dec 22. but still having that issue.

Gravity

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 03:44:07 am »
Ya Hooo

I solved the issue. I am so happy :))
Make sure the "Advanced Animation" is checked in the "Global Options" under the "Display Tab"
That solved the problem for me. I hope it works for others.

Sincerely,

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 11:32:59 am »
Make sure the "Advanced Animation" is checked in the "Global Options" under the "Display Tab"
That solved the problem for me. I hope it works for others.

Well, our installer automatically enables that option but, of course, if you disabled it manually, lots of animations won't work, not even default jetways.