Author Topic: Uninstall/Reinstall Guide  (Read 2469 times)

captainnuel

Uninstall/Reinstall Guide
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:49:09 pm »
Greetings!

Since my last topic posted here in the forum has already been fixed. I'm now curious on how to reinstall the GSX in order to have in back in-game.

*Do I need to delete the whole folder/directory of fsdreamteam on my FSX folder?

I have already uninstall it using the uninstaller from the folder of FSX and there are 2 uninstaller the one works had gone and the other uninstaller can't be done/click. Should I delete that uninstaller too?

Regards,
Nuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstall/Reinstall Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:57:57 pm »
That's why you should always uninstall from the "Program and Features" section of the Windows Control panel, instead of trying to figure it out which uninstaller you have to start manually.

That's because the Windows Control Panel always knows which uninstaller is related to which product so, once you removed everything using the Control Panel, you can be reasonably sure what's left can be safely removed.

Instead, if you did things manually, by choosing and starting the uninstaller yourself, you risk removing the wrong uninstaller, or launching the wrong uninstaller, one that might be a leftover from a previous uninstall that was made without using the Control Panel.

captainnuel

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:49:19 am »
Alright!

Noted sir. Should I delete the fsdreamteam folder now and uninstall the other "GSX uninstaller" in Control Panel?

Regards,
Nuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:55:28 am »
Noted sir. Should I delete the fsdreamteam folder now and uninstall the other "GSX uninstaller" in Control Panel?

If you are sure nothing from Fsdreamteam is still listed in the Windows Control Panel (not even a Stand-Alone Addon Manager you might have installed in the past, which is listed as "Virtuali Addon Manager" ), then you can safely remove the whole Addon Manager folder now, and reinstall again.