Author Topic: Boarding and Debording time factor  (Read 1832 times)

jpkosta

Boarding and Debording time factor
« on: December 16, 2018, 05:06:28 pm »
Hi guys,
I would like help in solving the problem of excessive slowing in the boarding and deboarding of passengers. Apparently, the factor informed is not working as it should. I put in Boarding/Deboarding time factor the value of 0.001 and time_min on the two occasions of 5min (I suppose the time to be put here is in minutes). Turns out it takes more than 20 minutes to Boarding/Deboarding pax.
I set these times in the CouatlAddons file in C:\Users\Jpkosta\AppData\Roaming\virtuali
[gsx]
disable = 0
waiting_msg_delay = 90.0
followme_speed_knots = 18
slowdown_speed_knots = 7.5
straight_pushback_meters = 100.0
refuel_always_progressive = 1
detect_custom_refuel = 1
multiple_trips = 0
ui_verbosity = 2
ui_volume = 10
marshaller_distance_readout = 1
show_vehicle_editor_help = 1
parking_editor_width = 1100
parking_editor_height = 920
parking_editor_sash = 220
pax_density = 1
estimate_passengers = 0
disable_on_airports = NONE
deboarding_time = 0
boarding_time = 0
refueling_time = 0
refueling_time_min = 5.0
refueling_time_factor = 0.1
boarding_time_factor = 0.001
boarding_time_min = 5.0
deboarding_time_factor = 0.001
deboarding_time_min = 5.0
editor_disable_joystick = 0
refueling_time_acceleration = 1.0
assistance_services_auto_mode = 1
auto_mode_ignore_doors = 1

Am I making the change in the wrong place? how do I decrease this excessive boarding/deboarding time?
tks
Jean Costa

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding and Debording time factor
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 03:52:46 pm »
Am I making the change in the wrong place? how do I decrease this excessive boarding/deboarding time?

It's not clear from your message if you have GSX Level 2 enabled, so you are referring to the supposedly excessive boarding/deboarding time of animated passengers. If you have it, Page 26 of the manual contained the explanation and the solution:

When the GSX Level 2 Expansion is Active, the Deboarding/Boarding settings in the Timings page will look different. Since passengers are now no longer simulated, but will appear as actual animated characters, the original timings in seconds/passenger will not be meaningful anymore: the time required to board passengers will be a combination of their walking speed and their density. Each passenger has its own walking speed, which depends by its
animation and walking style, but it’s possible to control the passenger Density, which will affect the number of animated passengers visible on screen at any given time.

Setting the slider towards the highest density settings will shorten boarding and deboarding times, but with some cost in performances.

The parameters in the Couatladdons.ini file will only used when there are no passengers, for example on a parking spot with the Bus disabled, or on a gate that doesn't have SODE jetways.