Author Topic: Q400 issues  (Read 2069 times)

crauds

Q400 issues
« on: December 14, 2018, 10:16:45 pm »
Hi Umberto.

I am puzzled why the Majestic Q400 doesn't even activate/sapwn the baggage carts until after boarding/deboarding is completely finished.  I notice the same issue with the Capt Sim B727.  Is is because both have baggage doors on the left?  I would think that would be better since it wouldn't interfere with paths of the catering trucks which still use the right side on both planes.  Now if a bus is used then I would assume that the hold back makes some sense but this is rarely the occasion.  I am noticing this sequence delay on flights where bus is not needed.  Certainly shouldn't happen when aircraft is parked at a terminal gate.  Is there some way I can reconfigure GSX to handle passengers and baggage at the same time as in RW?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Q400 issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:39:45 am »
why the Majestic Q400 doesn't even activate/sapwn the baggage carts until after boarding/deboarding is completely finished.  I notice the same issue with the Capt Sim B727.  Is is because both have baggage doors on the left?

Of course.

Now if a bus is used then I would assume that the hold back makes some sense but this is rarely the occasion.

Dash 8 surely park in the open more often then with a jetway. In any case, we'll check if it's possible to change this on jetways.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »
Thanks.  Also many smaller airports used by Dash-8 have stands close enough to terminal that no bus is used.  Also smaller airports serviced by Dash do not often have bus service available.  The delay between boarding and baggage handling makes turn-around time too long.  But with the B727....it does use jetway parking when available so there should rarely be a traffic conflict.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Tobus

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 07:41:50 pm »
Hello,

older post this, but still active I guess, at least for the Majestic Q400. Passenger (de)boarding is swift, but baggage/cargo is dead slow.
When ordering to board, pax come in easy, but baggage tractor next to the airplane drives off, presumably to get the bags. It's back after 4 minutes, then starts the board. All the while we are waiting at the gate or at parking. The availability of jetways does not matter in this case.

Not in any other aircraft do I experience this, with loading/unloading of baggage almost at same time or shortly after pax loading.

Is there a way I can solve this, obviously without disabling baggage doors in GSX altogether?