Author Topic: Messed up parking position - how do I get it back to the original state?  (Read 2199 times)

hawx2k

Hello,

I - by accident - messed up the parking position configuration for stand 147 in EBBR (JustSim scenery). I only wanted to increase the parking width to allow an A319 to be parked and serviced. However, when I pressed "apply" it also reverted the original safedock type (that comes with the scenery I presmue) to some other GSX Safedock. Also, the SODE docking system got deactivated (see screenshots). The other gates are still intact.

How do I get the original state (with the original scenery safedock) back into the GSX parking system?

And, perhaps even more importantly: How can I change the aircraft width in a non-destructive way so it doesn't mess up all the rest of the customization?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

P3D v4.4, Win 10
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:28:59 am by hawx2k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Messed up parking position - how do I get it back to the original state?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:30:33 am »
If the scenery has docking system made with SODE, there's no way you can disable it from GSX and there's no way GSX could affect it in any way. The only way to remove a SODE docking system, is by manually removing from the scenery SODE XML file.

If you press the Reset button, then Apply, GSX will Undo all the changes made to that parking spot. If you enabled the jetway Exclude radius, you'll also have to exit from the sim, go into the GSX Control Panel and let it update (or remove, if not needed), any exclude file which was generated for the scenery.

hawx2k

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:00:40 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply Umberto.

Well, but that's exactly what happened. I clicked on the small aircraft symbol to make the parking position fit to the A319 and hit apply. Gone was the safedock and the SODE jetway (not the physical jetway), but it was removed from the GSX menu inside the "Customize airport positions" menu.

In any case I decided to simply reinstall EBBR which reset everything to normal. Now instead of clicking the aircraft symbol I just increse the wingspan value to 35m to make the A319 fit and it worked without breaking the rest.

I'm sure it was my fault and somehow pushed the wrong buttons in the wrong order, but all seems good now.

Thanks,

Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:23 am »
Well, but that's exactly what happened. I clicked on the small aircraft symbol to make the parking position fit to the A319 and hit apply. Gone was the safedock and the SODE jetway (not the physical jetway), but it was removed from the GSX menu inside the "Customize airport positions" menu. [/ quote]

The only possible reason for this, is that SODE might have just crashed for some reason during that sessions, which explain the objects disappearance.