Author Topic: Question about belt loader paths  (Read 1297 times)

bpcw001

Question about belt loader paths
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:24:28 am »
Hi,

I run P3D v4.3 with GSX (I have Level2) updated as of yesterday. Aircraft is FSL A320.

I've noticed that on some payware airports, the belt loaders are taking a stange path after loading of suitcases has finished and the vehicles are backing off from the cargo holds, returning to their parking positions.
Instead of just going in reverse back to their parking spots, they back off the cargo holds, then go forward to the other side of the airplane (mowing down the passengers that are just deboarding ...) and come back below and through the aircraft to the cargo hold side to only then find their parking spots.
I have tried playing around with custom positioning of the vehicles to avoid this issue, but I have been unsuccessful so far.

What causes this behavior? Why don't the vehicles just back up straight to their parking spots again? Could it be possible to overcome this issue with some clever custom vehicle positioning?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about belt loader paths
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:46 pm »
What causes this behavior? Why don't the vehicles just back up straight to their parking spots again? Could it be possible to overcome this issue with some clever custom vehicle positioning?

The vehicles will surely go back to their initial position, and a custom positioning will surely fix this.

Of course, they cannot do miracles: if the parking is cramped with visual details, you might not be able to find a starting point that allows both to clear the airport details and would go smoothly to the airplane door and, of course, it's also depending on the airplane used and how it's parked, since they will have to reach their assigned doors, no matter what.

bpcw001

Re: Question about belt loader paths
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 02:40:14 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

As I said, the vehicles do eventually get back to their parking positions, but take quite a detour to do so when they could just back up a couple of meters and be done.

I have positioned the belt loaders to face directly towards the cargo doors when the aircraft is parked. The loaders just have to move straight forward a couple of meters (which they do), and when done, move back a couple of meters, driving backwards (which they do after loading, but not after unloading in which case they take a some detour around the plane).

This behavior can be observed e. g. on Aerosoft EDDS professional with the FSL A320 when arriving and parking on Gate 42. This is essentially a totally empty parking spot on the Apron. That parking spot is certainly not cramped, no crates, vehicles, buildings etc. around that come from the airport scenery.

So, if this is solvable by custom vehicle positioning, could you please give me some pointers what to look out for in addition to providing an unobstructed path, which is quite obvious?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:44:50 pm by bpcw001 »