Author Topic: GSX Automatic mode with default jetways and starting engines at gate  (Read 2610 times)

Xiropillo

Good morning. I have a couple of questions.

1-When using default jetways, and automatic mode selected, asking for jetway before asking for boarding will break the automatic sequence?

I observed that it doesn't work and I saw a post about how it works and it is said that first thing to do to activate it is asking for boarding.

I prefer not to change my jetways in LEBB as they are specially designed with the terminal building and I use ORBX airport.

If I start asking for boarding and after that I ask the jetty to be connected, GSX makes me wait until all services are finished so boarding happens without jetway.

2-Another thing is regarding engines start at gate when APU is not available. In this case using Maddog X.

What I do is asking for pushback before starting engines. Otherwise, GSX won't work with engines running.

I have no time for the whole sequence of starting engine and disconnecting all the ground equipment before dispatcher asks me to release parking brakes several times. Is there any way that this won't happen until I am really prepared to push?

Thanks very much.

Xiropillo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Automatic mode with default jetways and starting engines at gate
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:18:33 pm »
1-When using default jetways, and automatic mode selected, asking for jetway before asking for boarding will break the automatic sequence?

Only if you use a 3rd party airport with its own SODE jetways and you use the SODE menu to operate them, since the by-directional communication of the jetway status between SODE-created jetways is not yet available in SODE, so it will require a SODE update.

This should work if you always use the GSX menu to operate jetways, even at 3rd party airports with SODE jetways.

2-Another thing is regarding engines start at gate when APU is not available. In this case using Maddog X.

What I do is asking for pushback before starting engines. Otherwise, GSX won't work with engines running.

That's precisely the reason for GSX having the option to do a pushback before start: to handle the cause of an unavailable APU.

I have no time for the whole sequence of starting engine and disconnecting all the ground equipment before dispatcher asks me to release parking brakes several times. Is there any way that this won't happen until I am really prepared to push?

Just increase the delay time between messages in the GSX option, so the dispatcher won't call you as often.

Xiropillo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 07:16:46 am »
Thanks for your answer.

I always use GSX menu to operate jetway but If I do it before using the menu option for boarding, the automatic mode won’t work so then, I need to call the rest of services using same menu, no automatic.

I need to call jetway operation after boarding but that is no realistic.

You mean engines start before pushback isn’t it? I will increase time then.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 11:54:31 am »
I need to call jetway operation after boarding but that is no realistic.

As I've said, this would only apply to non-SODE 3rd party jetways or SODE jetways not called from the GSX menu (but this will be solved with an upcoming SODE update).

The reason why we cannot do anything about this with CTRL+J jetways, is because the simulator doesn't give a way to check the docked/undocked status of a default jetway so, we cannot possibly operates automatically without knowing if it's docked or not before you call GSX.