Author Topic: GSX2 + KLAX = loss of AI (help with ideas and troubleshooting)  (Read 1779 times)

ESzczesniak

GSX2 + KLAX = loss of AI (help with ideas and troubleshooting)
« on: December 04, 2018, 02:49:19 am »
I have just built a complete new flight sim rig and as such, just reinstalled all of P3D.  I did this just before the v4.4 release, so I am currently on v4.3 with plans to move to 4.4 as addons (*cough* VRS *cough*) are released.  I am having some issues at KLAX that I do not seem to have at other FSDT airports (I own almost all of them).

What I first noticed was poor performance and a crash of the add-on manager at KLAX.  I am running almost exclusively WOAI AI traffic and had AI traffic at this time, but no terminals, gates, etc. due the add-on manager crash.  I searched the forums and found information that a version error and missing items was the likely culprit.  It turns out I had v1.6.6 instead of v1.7 installed.  A fresh installer and v1.7 installation fixed the crash.

Then I found I have no AI traffic at gates.  I also was in the low 20's for FPS, but do have Orbx SCA installed.  I get locked 30 FPS at places like KSAN, but understandably this combination at LAX is rough. 

I uninstalled GSX and FSDT KLAX.  I loaded P3D at KLAX to rebuild the scenery files and the baseline poor performance was there (so I blame Orbx SCA), but I did have AI aircraft. 

I reinstalled GSX 2.5.11 and loaded P3D at default KLAX.  No AI aircraft were shown.  I have reinstalled KLAX as well at this time, but still no AI aircraft.

I have also noticed that upon requesting jetway services with GSX, the SODE jetway skeletonizes and most of the visual representation is gone.  The GSX refueling and catering services report as "in position" but are not visible. 

I have tested at KCLT and KMEM without similar issues.  I am sure this is a configuration problem somewhere, but am at a bit of a loss after trying to reinstall and not getting any resolution.  What can I do to help find the issue?  Thanks for any help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 + KLAX = loss of AI (help with ideas and troubleshooting)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:27:59 pm »
From your report, it's seems all your problems are caused by AI airplanes.

WoAI has many models originally made for FS9, and these are known to cause crashes and poor performances in P3D4.

The reason why you didn't see any crashes without FSDT KLAX installed, is because the default KLAX has way less parking spots with different (not really "different", it doesn't use any airline codes), while KLAX has way more parking spots and it does use proper parking codes so, the AI going there would be very different.

In addition to that, AI originally made for FS9, are known to cause rendering problems in P3D4: not only they disappear in combination with complex airports, but they can cause visual issues to the scenery itself, which explains why your SODE jetways and other GSX vehicles disappeared.

I suggest stop using such outdated addons in P3D4, and use an AI traffic package officially compatible with it, like UT Live for example. This is what we usually test our products with.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 06:07:10 pm »
WOAI has some FSX/P3D native packages and this is what I am using.  Additionally, I don't understand why this would be related to my AI when I had AI immediately before GSX install and lost them immediately after GSX install.  Nothing else was changed. 

As I had written, the crashed resolved with updating to the latest version of KLAX.  For some reason, the Live Update that ran with the installer has seemed to only leave it at v1.6.6.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 02:12:39 pm »
WOAI has some FSX/P3D native packages and this is what I am using.

Having some native packages, doesn't automatically guarantee there are no FS9 models left in the system.

Additionally, I don't understand why this would be related to my AI when I had AI immediately before GSX install and lost them immediately after GSX install.  Nothing else was changed. 

GSX cannot possibly have *any* affect on the kind of AI used. A different/updated AFCAD for KLAX could, so maybe it wasn't GSX, but a KLAX Live Update.

As I had written, the crashed resolved with updating to the latest version of KLAX.  For some reason, the Live Update that ran with the installer has seemed to only leave it at v1.6.6.

The Live Update run by the installer is exactly the same you run manually. The installer just starts it for you so no, under normal conditions, there shouldn't be any difference in downloaded files, since there's just one update server and one copy of the files.

This, under normal conditions. If you have something interfering, like a firewall or an antivirus, that might have decided YOU starting the Live Update are more trusted than the same Live Update being started by the installer, all bets are off, and can explain why you had different results.