Author Topic: couatl_liveupdate_notes  (Read 1860 times)

torsten

couatl_liveupdate_notes
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:16:22 pm »
few minutes ago i start the live update.
i read here , that there is a uptade available, but when i have a
look in the couatl_liveupdate_notes.html, i got the ttached picture.
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Addon%20Manager/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

the date here is

Update date: 11-Lug-2018 2:07 PM

that seams wrong

sw34669

Re: couatl_liveupdate_notes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 05:39:20 pm »
Umberto,

Is there some way you can change the update manager to stop showing us all the files it's not updating. This swamps any ability we have to see what it did actually update. It reminds me of ....

Showing the scan for files being checked on one line but a scrollable list in the window for only the updated files would be great at the end of the scan.

thanks

torsten

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:25:01 pm »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:24:31 pm »
Is there some way you can change the update manager to stop showing us all the files it's not updating. This swamps any ability we have to see what it did actually update.

It wouldn't change much, because as soon as it will go through the next product, if it has at least one file that is updated as well, it will delete the previous line you wanted to read.

Which would be only the last line anyway because, if the file to be updated is small and will download very fast, its line will be overwritten by the next updated file, so you won't able to see it anyway, unless we put an artificial delay JUST to allow you to read which file is being updated, making the process unnecessarily slow.

It might be more sensible to add automatic logging on the updater, so you'll always have a log after each update.