Author Topic: Issues with the latest updates  (Read 2412 times)

sas407

Issues with the latest updates
« on: November 26, 2018, 07:49:47 pm »
Hi

I have some issues with Level 2 and the newest updates

1. When cleared after the engine start and when I start to taxi, all GSX vehicle and wingwalker just dissapears. I don´t know if this issue started with Level2 or with one of the latest updates but it dont look very realistic, better would be if they dissapear when the aircraft reaches a predefined distance rather than 1-3 knots

2. My user made logos for the catering trucks (DO & CO and SSP) don´t longer work after the latest update :(

3. The staircases don´t move up to the aircraft when catering is selected as they did before the last updates. I don´t know if this is a requested feature but I don´t like it. I want the staircases to move up to the aircraft when I start GSX and catering, for example: in a turnaround the staircases are already attached to the aircraft when the catering arrives, now with the latest updates the staircases stands beside the aircraft until I choose to board the passengers. Another example and with FS2CREW before I confirm to the flight attendant that it´s OK to board the passengers: The copilot informs me that he will go out and inspect the aircraft but since  the airstairs are not attached to the aircraft, I think he will get hurt :(

Regards
Niclas Andersson
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:50:21 pm by sas407 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues with the latest updates
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 12:21:39 pm »
1. When cleared after the engine start and when I start to taxi, all GSX vehicle and wingwalker just dissapears. I don´t know if this issue started with Level2 or with one of the latest updates but it dont look very realistic, better would be if they dissapear when the aircraft reaches a predefined distance rather than 1-3 knots

Please clarify. You mean you asked for a clearance departure without pushback ? Because, when doing a pushback, the wingwalker will walk with the airplane and will to back in the pushback truck after the pushback is completed.

2. My user made logos for the catering trucks (DO & CO and SSP) don´t longer work after the latest update :(

That's normal. You must add your repaints to the SIM.CFG of the logos, because such files will always be overwritten during an update. If they weren't, we couldn't published updates for logos ourselves.

sas407

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 05:47:07 pm »
Please clarify. You mean you asked for a clearance departure without pushback ? Because, when doing a pushback, the wingwalker will walk with the airplane and will to back in the pushback truck after the pushback is completed.

Departure with pushback, it´s in the moment when I start to roll when the wingwalker and pushback is heading back to the gate, they and staircase and all other GSX vehicles sudden dissapears between 1-3 knots, see attached video.

That's normal. You must add your repaints to the SIM.CFG of the logos, because such files will always be overwritten during an update. If they weren't, we couldn't published updates for logos ourselves.

Yes I know, that´s why I have them in USER folders, e.g. FSDT_Catering_USER so I don´t have to add them every time after updates. But yesterday and after the update, my DO & CO was blank and not visible. Anyway, after some troubleshooting today I managed to get them working again :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:30:08 pm »
Departure with pushback, it´s in the moment when I start to roll when the wingwalker and pushback is heading back to the gate, they and staircase and all other GSX vehicles sudden dissapears between 1-3 knots, see attached video.

That's normal, and it's how GSX always been.

Yes I know, that´s why I have them in USER folders, e.g. FSDT_Catering_USER so I don´t have to add them every time after updates. But yesterday and after the update, my DO & CO was blank and not visible. Anyway, after some troubleshooting today I managed to get them working again :)

So, it wasn't a Live Update problem right  ? I'm quite sure we don't touch the _USER folders.

sas407

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:50:43 pm »
That's normal, and it's how GSX always been.
Okay, maybe I remember it wrong  :D. But would it be possible in a future update to change so the vehicles and wingwalker disappears in a predefined distance instead of in front of you when starting to roll?

So, it wasn't a Live Update problem right  ? I'm quite sure we don't touch the _USER folders.
Actually, I don´t know. When I started to troubleshoot I noticed that two of my user folders no longer were in the simobject folder, strange because I have not been in that folder for some time, and my logos have been working in my previous flights. Anyway, I have a copy of my user folders and when I installed them back to the simobject folder, my custom logos started to work again.

The staircases don´t move up to the aircraft when catering is selected as they did before the last updates. I don´t know if this is a requested feature but I don´t like it. I want the staircases to move up to the aircraft when I start GSX and catering, for example: in a turnaround the staircases are already attached to the aircraft when the catering arrives, now with the latest updates the staircases stands beside the aircraft until I choose to board the passengers. Another example and with FS2CREW before I confirm to the flight attendant that it´s OK to board the passengers: The copilot informs me that he will go out and inspect the aircraft but since  the airstairs are not attached to the aircraft, I think he will get hurt
Have you been able to check this "issue"?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:54:10 pm by sas407 »