Author Topic: GSX control panel not opening... level 2 P3D 4.3  (Read 1726 times)

BrianV

GSX control panel not opening... level 2 P3D 4.3
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:35:43 am »
Hi, I updated GSX with level 2. When I try to run the GSX Control Panel it repeatedly says that it cannot open a file in FSX \Global\scenery\airport_objects.bgl. I suppose it is looking for it, but I don't have FSX on my computer anymore. This error continues to appear repeatedly, and fills up the screen with the message windows. I only use P3D 4.3 nowadays. Is there a way to make it stop looking for the file in FSX?

Thanks for any advice

Kind regards

Brian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX control panel not opening... level 2 P3D 4.3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:50:14 am »
I suppose it is looking for it, but I don't have FSX on my computer anymore.

You might not have FSX anymore but, apparently, you still have the FSX keys in the registry.

This might be caused either by having removed FSX manually without a proper uninstall procedure, but also by having used those dangerous "migration" utilities, which create a fake FSX install to fool non-compliant installers to install into P3D anyway. This practice, of course, will confuse products that supports all the different sim as they are, like GSX, which need to recognize each sim properly with its own proper registry keys.

The solution would be in this case removing the unused FSX keys from the registry.

BrianV

Re: GSX control panel not opening... level 2 P3D 4.3
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:00:49 pm »
Many thanks Umberto, this proved exactly to be the case. It is all sorted now and runs like a dream in P3D 4.3.

Kind regards and thanks

Brian