Author Topic: Invisible baggage handlers and caterers  (Read 2046 times)

ikedaman

Invisible baggage handlers and caterers
« on: November 17, 2018, 04:22:00 pm »
The baggage ramps and the tractor and carts pull up properly. So do the catering trucks. Everything is in proper position. For example CS707. The baggage comes down the ramps and is thrown into the carts by invisible personnel. They are still sitting in their vehicles. Same with catering trucks. Invisible people push food carts in and out of the aircraft. They finish and drive off. GSX says 100% complete. Could this be caused by slow CPU - 1.4 Ghz dual core? Does GSX automatically disable some animations on slower machines? If so that is ok. Just want to know.

Thanks
Ike

ikedaman

Re: Invisible baggage handlers and caterers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 05:31:31 pm »
Also, I hate to say, the wingwalker's legs/feet are no longer animated. He glides along the ground without moving and his arms do not move when he locks the pushback bar.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:32:36 pm »
Whenever you see missing parts of objects, it's never a problem of GSX or a scenery, and it's *always* a problem of a tweak that you shouldn't apply. Fact you only see this with GSX, only means you don't have other scenery objects that use the same materials/shaders (which are of course fully standard) that in your case are exposing the problem caused by some tweak.

I'm not sure if the issue in your case is that specific tweak you reported, because tweaks that work on a system might not work on another one, that's why they are not documented in the first place but, first of all, reset the FSX.CFG to default ( move it to another folder, so the sim will create a new one with all default settings ), and apply ONLY the HIGHMEMFIX=1, which is the only tweak that is absolutely required.

Note that, you might want to save all the lines containing this:

Simobjectpaths=

from your old FSX.CFG file, otherwise you'll have to reinstall several addons (GSX, SODE, and others), because they won't work without their lines added to the simobjects search paths.

ikedaman

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:52:31 pm »
Apparently Advanced Animations is unchecking itself.
I validated this by turning it on, loading a flight, all animations are there  ;D
The next time I start fsx it is unchecked.
I tried this about 5x and it was unchecked all 5x - and yes I hit the ok button.
I guess that would be considered fsx tweaking itself.  ::)
Thanks again
Ike