Author Topic: Live Update is not working...  (Read 4756 times)

rrtraxx13

Live Update is not working...
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:25:10 pm »
I am having an issue running the Live Update. I have not modified anything so there should be no issue there. I am getting this message:

This update requires the latest GSX Full Installer, please download and install it to continue.

Then it closes...yet I don't see this "Full Installer" in your downloads.

My apologies if this has been covered but there are tons of streams to sort through

rrtraxx13

Re: Live Update is not working...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:37:48 pm »
Also can we just get a link to the "installer" instead of links to other threads that just have you go in circles? I must admit, some of the responses to these threads from your "customer service" are quite rude. Many of us are NOT computer technicians and are looking for easy answers to solve the problem.

Also, I believe I have found it, but unsure, because it still fails and shuts down P3Dv4...

rrtraxx13

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 02:30:10 am »
Upon further review, it is not shutting down P3D however it still keeps giving the same, "must download new full installer"... Getting nowhere...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 02:26:45 pm »
I don't understand much of your comments:

- There's only one place were you get the GSX Full installer, which is the "Products and Downloads" page of this site.

- There's only ONE GSX Full installer posted online, so it's impossible to be confused or get the wrong version

- If you install the one and only GSX Full installer, the updater will surely won't give you that message anymore.

Of course, this assumes you install the same files you downloaded.

Many users gets easily confused, for example, because they keep downloading the same files, so they get things like gsx_fsx_setup.exe, gsx_fsx_setup(1).exe, gsx_fsx_setup(2).exe, and those numbers are added by the browser automatically, if you repeatedly downloaded the same file multiple times. In this case, the latest version on your disk is the one with the higher number and that's the one you are supposed to start.

But of course, this is entirely unrelated to GSX: every downloaded installer will do this, if you have multiple copies of it in the Downloads folder.

rrtraxx13

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 07:09:47 pm »
This is what is getting upsetting, There is NO "GSX Full Installer" on the Product and downloads page. NONE! Here is a little information on your own page

->Products and Downloads
--->GSX Level 2 Expansion
----->This is where you find the "GSX Full Installer"

Stop belittling the customers when you can't even get your own information correct...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 07:23:40 pm »
Stop belittling the customers when you can't even get your own information correct...

All the information on the site is correct and you have been already answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18394.msg136419.html#msg136419

And, it would be best if you didn't posted the same message twice.

rrtraxx13

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:03:30 pm »
NO IT IS NOT ON THE "Products and Downloads" page!!!

You have to go into the GSX Level 2 page. Have YOU looked at the page??

I just think it is funny, the easiest solution would be to link the page, but NO, you continue to link other forum pages.

You are obviously stubborn and ignorant to your customers. The way that you talk to the customers is utterly appalling.

Just do what I ask, go to the "Products and Downloads" page, take a screen shot on THAT page, no other. Then explain to me WHERE the download is on THAT page.

Rafal

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 10:17:58 pm »
go to the "Products and Downloads" page, take a screen shot on THAT page, no other. Then explain to me WHERE the download is on THAT page.

Here?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:20:57 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

rrtraxx13

Re: Re: Live Update is not working...
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 10:25:23 pm »
go to the "Products and Downloads" page, take a screen shot on THAT page, no other. Then explain to me WHERE the download is on THAT page.

Here?
Wrong that says for GSX Level 2 Expansion! It does NOT say "Full Installer" DOES IT??? Done with this! Just proved my point and you are wrong so step up and admit it! And actually, NOWHERE on THAT page does it say Full Installer anywhere. Those are to click on for that PARTICULAR product!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rafal

Re: Re: Live Update is not working...
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 10:47:40 pm »
Wrong that says for GSX Level 2 Expansion!

The left red arrow shows the GSXL2 installer and the right red arrow shows the full GSX installer.
You can get the latter by clicking the right 'Download for FSX/P3D'.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

rrtraxx13

Re: Re: Re: Live Update is not working...
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 11:03:32 pm »
Wrong that says for GSX Level 2 Expansion!

The left red arrow shows the GSXL2 installer and the right red arrow shows the full GSX installer.
You can get the latter by clicking the right 'Download for FSX/P3D'.
No it says GSX ground services, NOWHERE does it say Full Installer. You really won't give up that you are WRONG!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rafal

Re: Re: Re: Live Update is not working...
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 11:08:52 pm »
You really won't give up that you are WRONG!

I'm wrong about what?  :o
I am spending some of my free time to help you find a file you need.
I won't bother anymore then.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 11:45:36 pm »
NO IT IS NOT ON THE "Products and Downloads" page!!!

Of course it is.

You have to go into the GSX Level 2 page.

No you don't. However, since the link is the same, they will both work.

Have YOU looked at the page??

Of course, and everybody else is trying to tell you the same thing. It's the SAME download!!

I just think it is funny, the easiest solution would be to link the page

The link IS on that page.

but NO, you continue to link other forum pages.

I haven't linked any "forum" page. I just pointed you out the SAME link to the GSX Full installer has always been on the "Products and Downloads" page, AND on other pages too. IT'S THE SAME LINK AND THE SAME DOWNLOAD

You are obviously stubborn and ignorant to your customers. The way that you talk to the customers is utterly appalling.

You are really embarrassing yourself now, and I fell sorry for you. And other fellow CUSTOMER is trying to tell you the same thing, and you even trashed him out.

Just do what I ask, go to the "Products and Downloads" page, take a screen shot on THAT page, no other. Then explain to me WHERE the download is on THAT page.

The big button that says "Download for FSX/P3D", as I've said multiple times by now. The same button links with the same label ( "Download for FSX/P3D" ), links to the same download on the GSX Level 2 Page. It's the same file! Have you even tried it, before keep saying we are wrong, and I don't even know how our website works.

Try it, it will download this file:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe

From ALL the different links. No difference whatsoever.

And actually, NOWHERE on THAT page does it say Full Installer anywhere. Those are to click on for that PARTICULAR product!

I can see where your confusion is coming from.

You are confusing clickable links with text labels. You are looking for a link, and the link it's pointing to exactly the same file in all places, and it's a BUTTON named "Download for FSX/P3D", which links to the actual download link, that starts the download.

Then there's the text label, which is NOT clickable, it's just a text, which says "GSX" or "GSX Level 2 expansion" on the "Products and Downloads" page. That page has all our downloads in one place, and starts with:

Products

On this page, there are Download links for all our products. They are all Trial versions, that can be unlocked into full versions by using the Serial Number found on your purchase receipt. There's no separate "full" version download, the below links are the links to the only installers available, use them in all cases: if you want to simply Try our product, if you just purchased it and haven't installed it yet, or if you need to Reinstall after a system upgrade.

So, clearly, it wouldn't make much sense to add an additional text label which will say "full installer" for each one, since the first lines are already telling you everything that is to know about that page: those are the ONLY Downloads we have.

Then, by going inside the GSX or GSX page, there are again the same buttons, linking to the same file, downloading the same installer, and here, there's a label which says "Full Installer" and it's saying both on the GSX page and on the GSX Level 2 page. Of course they are the same: the link is STILL THE SAME of the one on the "Products and Downloads" page. So, it's just the same link repeated over and over every page related in any way to GSX, so you cannot miss it.

The only reason why there's a Full installer label there, is to be sure users would understand they don't have to download something "extra" when looking for the GSX Level 2 expansion. It's there, included in the GSX Full installer, the same Full installer that was linked on the "Products and Downloads" page.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:05:54 am by virtuali »