Author Topic: Start Engines before Pushback  (Read 2584 times)

torsten

Start Engines before Pushback
« on: November 14, 2018, 03:28:13 pm »
Is it possible to set up gsx that messages like these (stupid) question if i want to start Engines during pushback
will not be asked at every pushback?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Start Engines before Pushback
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:45:45 pm »
That question it's not obviously "stupid", but it has of course suggested by users to be added, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13041.0.html

ozflyer

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:38:07 pm »
I find this annoying as well, flying jets built in the 90's.

Anyway this could be made into a parameter setting in configuration menu?.

torsten

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 02:16:03 pm »
a user choice in the GSX setup would be the best i think, because then the user can decide if this stupid question is comming up at every pushback.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 03:57:56 pm »
a user choice in the GSX setup would be the best i think, because then the user can decide if this stupid question is comming up at every pushback.

As I've said, the question is not "stupid", regardless how many times you keep using that derogatory term. It has been asked by users, of course, and users are always right you know...

As I've already replied to you in another thread, assume your APU fails: that option would give you the chance to start the engines before pushback, without being left out in the cold with no way to start up.

And yes, we obviously know what would be the proper way to fix this: having the pushback crew wait for the engines to be started at the end of the pushback, and offering you to push you back in, to sort the problem. But again, it will require adding the ability for GSX to Pull (to go back to the parking), which will be added in the future pushback upgrade we'll release sometime next year.

torsten

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 06:55:41 pm »
and what about i ask you for:

a user choice in the GSX setup

would be great to have at least that possibility