Author Topic: P3Dv3 unable to load addon manager nor couatl engine **SOLVED**  (Read 2549 times)

coqui297

P3Dv3 unable to load addon manager nor couatl engine **SOLVED**
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:03:23 am »
P3Dv3.4 have been unable to load the addon manager nor the couatl engine after previously working well.
The addon manager , GSX and couatl are missing from the addons drop menu. Have tried and done all the troubleshooting recommended such as reinstalling VS 2005 and 2015 (x86, x64), tested the couatl.exe with no faults, installed and reinstalled GSX etc without any luck. My FS computer doesn’t has any antivirus
Software installed. I have FSX and P3Dv3 installed in the computer and the addon manager and couatl works fine in FSX only. All the XML’s are fine and clean. P3Dv3 otherwise works fine. In the couatl.ini log the only issue I see is that simconnect is connecting fine but it says is waiting for FSX. It seems is not seeing or connecting to P3Dv3. Any other ideas as I think the issue is P3D and I am about to delete and do a fresh reinstall of P3Dv3.  Thanks.
Running Win 7 Ultimate 64 with all updates.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:14:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv3 unable to load addon manager nor couatl engine
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:31:22 pm »
Have you installed some kind of P3D migration tool ?

coqui297

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 02:41:15 pm »
No migration tool used.
Reinstall Simconnect.msi from P3D SDK.
Possible any registry corruption for P3D. Even though other addons seems to work well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 02:45:56 pm »
reinstalling VS 2005 and 2015 (x86, x64)

the VC++ 2013 redistributable are also required. Have you uninstalled/reinstalled them as well ?

Is the Addon Manager listed in the Options->Add-ons (not the "Addons" menu!! ) menu of the sim ?

coqui297

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 03:34:49 pm »
Yes, reinstalled VS 2013. But anyway,  like I said it works well in FSX but not in P3Dv3.
No, in the P3Dv3 addons  drop down menu the Addon Manager, GSx nor Couatl engine are present. Only the regular modules like, FSUIPC, etc.
It seems to me after all the troubleshooting that for some reason P3Dv3 either is not seeing the Addon Manager and couatl engine or is unable to load it !
 ??? ???. I also did a P3Dv3 Client, Content, Scenery and main P3Dv3 installer repair scan w/o any luck. I don't want to uninstall P3Dv3 and reinstall to find out that the issue persists with couatl engine, etc.

coqui297

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 03:36:41 pm »
Sorry, where in the options menu of the sim you mean ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
No, in the P3Dv3 addons  drop down menu the Addon Manager, GSx nor Couatl engine are present. Only the regular modules like, FSUIPC, etc.

Please re-read my last question more carefully:

Is the Addon Manager listed in the Options->Add-ons (not the "Addons" menu!! ) menu of the sim ?

coqui297

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:23:20 pm »
Yes it is listed. ( It was )
After an extensive troubleshooting I didn't have any other option but uninstall P3Dv3 and reinstall it.
Now after new install everything works again as usual.
It was possibly an issue with P3Dv3 itself.
Chill !  8)