Author Topic: Refueling Question and Swissport missing at EHAM  (Read 1766 times)

iMove Quick

Refueling Question and Swissport missing at EHAM
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:23:54 am »
Hi there,

So I've got 2 questions regarding a few problems that I've ran into this week.

This first one is when I first tried to use the fueling option in GSX the refueling truck came and stood there for about 10 seconds and then another came. That repeated for about 10 times untill I had enough...
I just want it to be there for the visual effect, but I don't want mutiple trucks. Since in real life a 777 get refueled by just 1 truck (EHAM).

I got multiple trips turned off, turned off progressive refueling and checked the custom aircraft refueling option.

Problem is only with the pmdg 777 thus far, but I want to refuel with every plane I use to make it more realistic. I'm talking about the Aerosoft Airbusses, all PMDG aircraft and Captain sim's 757.

The other problem is very basic and I've looked into the manual but coudn't find it.
The problem is dat Swissport at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is missing. And I can confirm they do.

Hope you can help me out!

Regards,

iMoveQuick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling Question and Swissport missing at EHAM
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:08:23 pm »
This first one is when I first tried to use the fueling option in GSX the refueling truck came and stood there for about 10 seconds and then another came. That repeated for about 10 times untill I had enough... I just want it to be there for the visual effect, but I don't want mutiple trucks. Since in real life a 777 get refueled by just 1 truck (EHAM).

With "just 1 fuel truck", you are probably referring to a fuel *hydrant*, which is currently missing from GSX (but it will come). So, in real life, a single tanker cannot refill a 777 so, realistically, GSX will either call multiple trucks, or a single one with an unrealistically "infinite" capacity, in case you disable the "Multiple Trips" option in the settings.

Problem is only with the pmdg 777 thus far, but I want to refuel with every plane I use to make it more realistic. I'm talking about the Aerosoft Airbusses, all PMDG aircraft and Captain sim's 757.

The problem doesn't happen if you follow the procedure explained at Page 18 of the GSX manual, which makes an example *precisely* with the PMDG 777.

The other problem is very basic and I've looked into the manual but coudn't find it.
The problem is dat Swissport at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is missing. And I can confirm they do.

Since more than one year, GSX has the ability for user to specify the operators at every parking, overriding whatever choice GSX might have setup internally. The "Airline Code" explained at Page 32 of the manual.

iMove Quick

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 07:19:59 pm »
The one refueling truck is actually true. I work at schiphol and the old Siera Platforms don't have fuel hydrants, which means they are refueled by just one fuel truck. (For example a Qatar going to KORD)

But that's obviously not the point.

But multiple trips IS off, but still getting multiple trucks. But I'm not getting multiple busses or anything. Only the fuel trucks.

For the other points, thank you for referring me to them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 09:51:00 pm »
The one refueling truck is actually true. I work at schiphol and the old Siera Platforms don't have fuel hydrants, which means they are refueled by just one fuel truck. (For example a Qatar going to KORD)

Well, it depends how much fuel was needed to begin with. For a short/medium flight, it might be possible to refuel a 777 with a single truck, but there's no way you could fill it up entirely with a single tanker. The biggest fuel tanker in GSX holds 10.000 gallons of fuel, but I don't believe one capable of holding about 50.000 gallons, which is the total capacity of a 777.

But multiple trips IS off, but still getting multiple trucks. But I'm not getting multiple busses or anything. Only the fuel trucks.

As I've said, be sure you follow the procedure exactly as explained in the manual. And, be sure you keep the "Detect custom aircraft refueling system" option is disabled, which is the default.