Author Topic: New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet  (Read 12449 times)

FreaXter

New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet
« on: November 09, 2018, 07:57:22 pm »
Hi there,

I did an update quite a few minutes ago and the fuel truck has a new position. :-) Thats nice, but I think there is some trouble with the fuel nozzle position. Look at the pictures i added to this post.

The truck doesn't hold at the correct position even if the fuel inlet is set correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:07:40 am »
The truck doesn't hold at the correct position even if the fuel inlet is set correctly.

We'll check it. Are you sure that's not the fuel position as specified in the airplane configuration ?

FreaXter

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:34 am »
Yep, I've checked it so the inlet position is correctly aligne. It just stops far behind it.  ???

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 01:32:35 pm »
This also happened to me. PMDG 737. Fuel truck nozzles ended up just behind the trailing edge of the wing.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

ntalimci

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »
In GSX settings, I had to manually adjust the fuel location of a PMDG 737 NGX 800 WL aircraft setting as: 13.50, -3.47, 3.85.  This worked perfectly (right on the refueling port under the right wing).

ChuckOman

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 04:23:35 am »
I have same problem.  Previously when fuel tank truck faced forward, fueling hoses reached NG wing leading edge filling station area correctly, and it was easy to read the fuel meter from a spot view beyond the right wing.  After latest GSX update, with fuel tank truck facing backward, the fueling hoses are behind the trailing edge, and can no longer easily see the fuel meter.  Truck now goes to backward facing position even though there are no baggage loaders or catering trucks in the area.   Is there a way to revert the fuel truck default position to forward facing ?

AFS

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 01:43:14 pm »
Error confirmed. Due to the changed approach of the tanker to the wing, the reference points have shifted. But that affects all planes. If the change should stay that way, all reference points would have to be changed. Likewise, the filling indicator on the tanker would have to be changed to the other side, since it can no longer be easily seen. I think that this much work does not make sense. Please just take back this change.  ;)

AirbusA330

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 06:08:26 pm »
Is there a reason why the fuel truck stands that way? Normally it should park like it did before. On most airports the roads are in front of the planes, and the fuel truck has to park in a way in which it doesn't have to turn around to leave the parking spot in case of fire.

Aang72

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »
In GSX settings, I had to manually adjust the fuel location of a PMDG 737 NGX 800 WL aircraft setting as: 13.50, -3.47, 3.85.  This worked perfectly (right on the refueling port under the right wing).

Thank you for sharing, I did that too.  I haven't used any other PDMG Aircraft since this update, so hoping to get an easy fix there if there is a problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 01:59:38 pm »
If you see the refueling point which appears to be correct in the editor, leave it as it is. If there's a problem now, we must fix it from GSX, not by moving the refueling point in the wrong position on purpose.

ntalimci

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 10:12:11 pm »
Umberto,

Apparently the fueling location is not aligned in 737 BGX as the fuel nozzles shoot up in air (i.e.,  not underneath the wing).  You should check this out.

mike4370

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 10:55:31 am »
I'd just like to know why in the world did the fuel truck behavior need to be changed? It was perfectly fine the way it was before this update. Now it's a disaster. It didn't run into anything, the hose was nicely lined up to the fuel cap... please put the fuel truck back the way it was, this is really aggravating. sorry to be so blunt, but this just sucks the way it is now.

AFS

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 02:46:24 pm »
Dear mike4370,

reading helps, also here in the forum. Look at ntalimci's post above for a solution. If you do not want that, you have to live with the change.

If you use another aircraft, this can also be easily adjusted with the GSX aircraft editor. If you want, anything is possible.  ;D

AFS

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 03:09:05 pm »
Dear virtuali,

if you already change the approach of the tanker, you should look at the whole thing optically.
It makes no sense to leave the baggage loader in the standard position - distance to the plane - as the tanker often "drives through". an optical mess.

It also makes no sense to let the catering vehicles drive along with the tanker at the same time. On the one hand, the tanker has to take an unnatural path - bend off - on the approach, and on the other hand, the 2nd catering vehicle gets in the way when leaving.

I think your previous solutions were better, either the tanker or the catering vehicles, but not at the same time, but in a row.

You can of course argue that this would take too much time. But you can easily handle that.

The easiest way would be to set a specific process.
If the catering is requested, GSX2 only needs to allow a simultaneous boarding of the cabin crew. In order to do this, the time between boarding the cabin crew and boarding the passengers would have to be extended, just in case the catering request is made before the boarding. Additionally provided with the "if" function, allow
the boarding of the passengers only after completion of the catering and closing the right doors.

This would also make the separation of cabin crew boarding from the boarding of passengers superfluous.

In addition, an option "one-click service" would be nice. Refuel - catering and boarding, with a click triggered and processed step by step.

ntalimci

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 04:55:56 pm »
Excellent point regarding the boarding priority.  In my opinion the boarding request should be separated for the crew and the passengers.  This is what I would like to see:

1. Request for stairs so that cleaning staff, etc. can enter the plane even in cold & dark condition
2. request to board flight crew as they always arrive before the passengers
3. Request for refueling (while the flight crew is on board)
4. Request for catering
5. Request for boarding passengers
6. Request for pushback
7. All inclusive request - one command to commence ground operations in the sequence above
8. Reset (panic button)

I do not know if this is too much to ask; but please re-consider.

Thank you.