Products Support > XPOI FSX/P3D

Couatl error **SOLVED**

(1/3) > >>

mephala:
I'm new to this forum, so hi everyone.
First of all, excuse my english language mistakes: sure they will appear often in this text... :-[
I bought XPOI, installed and used it with no issues for about a mounth, but it gave an error message yesterday, saying Couatl script engine couldn't start (see attached images).
Stopped my antivirus, added \Program Files\Addon Manager to its exclussion list, but the error still remains.
I decided to uninstall and reinstall the software, but the same error about Couatl appears in the installation process.
My system is a PC with Win-10 Home edition and  FSX-Steam Edition.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

virtuali:
That error usually means missing system libraries. The thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

mephala:
Thanks for your reply, virtuali, but the suggested solution didn't work for me.
I uninstalled the VC++ redistributables of 2005, 2013 and 2015 (x86 and x64 versions), downloaded from MS and reinstalled again. Also reinstalled XPOI.
At the XPOI's reinstall process, i got the same message as before (see attached images of my first post).
As i said in my previous post, i deactivate my antivirus (Windows defender & Malwarebytes) while doing the tests.
Notes:
-The Addon Manager still works fine. The problem is only with XPOI.
-This behaviour occurs since the last update (A couple of days ago). Until then, XPOI was working as expected.
More tests to do?

virtuali:

--- Quote from: mephala on November 08, 2018, 05:38:51 pm ----The Addon Manager still works fine. The problem is only with XPOI.
--- End quote ---

Is the only FSDT product you have installed ?

mephala:
Yes. I didn't install GSX either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version