Author Topic: Transparent jetway's GSX Level 2  (Read 2252 times)

Lord Pencil

Transparent jetway's GSX Level 2
« on: November 05, 2018, 04:49:36 am »
So I've recently brought GSX and GSX level 2 and I love it, or rather I loved it, until an update turned all my jetways transparent (sometimes they are visible until I operate the jetway from the menu) I have reinstalled GSX and GSX level 2, reinstalled addon manager and the problem persists, I am not sure what to do at this point and it is incredibly frustrating  :'( I can provide screenshots if needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Transparent jetway's GSX Level 2
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 06:28:36 pm »
I cannot replicate this:

- Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

vysous

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:43:28 am »
This happened today to me today at EGLL. P3Dv4 and Aerosoft Airbus professional in use.
After moving the gate, it disappeared, except for the numbers and logos. See the attached picture.
I suspect the heavy load (I had terrible frames, hundred of planes around). Maybe the moving gate wanted to load additional textures and it did not happen due to the overall performance overload.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:08:31 am »
I suspect the heavy load (I had terrible frames, hundred of planes around). Maybe the moving gate wanted to load additional textures and it did not happen due to the overall performance overload.

This is possible.

When the fps is bad, the communication between different parts of GSX (the Addon Manager and Couatl) can be disrupted, because is clocked by the frame rate.

And, if you have many other addons using Simconnect as well, all trying to send many commands at once, will have to compete for attention by the sim and all those commands will end up in a queue. But if the fps is too bad the queue won't have a chance to be emptied (because new commands will keep coming), eventually leading to lost commands, so addons will start to do strange things, like missing animations, missing objects, etc.